𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗈𝗇𝖾

Começar do início

Nandini has figured out so far that Armaan didn't have the best relationship with his parents. But she didn't know it was that bad. This was the first time she heard him even bring up Sunita and when he did, he called her as if he wasn't related to him. There was some reason for this. And Nandini would try her best to figure it out.

"Maa has to go to a friend's house today. I don't like shopping alone. I don't even know what to buy. And what if I don't find anything?" Armaan sighed but then thought of something. "I have a meeting today and the building is by the mall. I'll text you the time and you can come with the driver. I'll just meet you there and then you can buy whatever you need. If you don't find anything, I'll take you to some close by boutiqe." Hold on! Armaan was going to take Nandini shopping, that to, on his own will!?

"What did he eat!? I think there is a ghost inside him!" Nandini was shocked because this was something Armaan would never do. "Okay!?" Nandini snapped out of her daze and just nodded absentmindedly. "Good because I am already getting very late. Speaking of late, don't be late and reach on time. I won't wait even a minute if you're late." Not waiting for Nandini's answer, Armaan left the room, leaving Nandini still in her confused thoughts.

• • • • •

It was an hour past noon and Nandini had just reached the mall. An hour back, Armaan had texted Nandini, when the meeting was on break, that his meeting would be over an a hour and texted her the location. She took that as a hint to start getting ready and reaching the mall on time, as she knew that Armaan was very strict with time.

Nandini thanked the driver and moved towards the entrance. She looked at the mall and was shocked. It was one of the fancy malls which meant it was probably expensive. But right now she was worried about meeting up with Armaan. She looked at the time and it was a minute before one o'clock. Armaan would be coming any minute now, so she decided to wait outside.

A few minutes passed and she was still in the same place. Yet there were no signs of Armaan. Either he was late, which he never was, or he had played with Nandini. And right now Nandini felt as if it was reason two. He had probably purposely called her here, to never show up, just so she would feel like a fool. Nandini had a very strong urge to just leave at the moment but she also felt as if she shouldn't take decisions quickly. She decided to wait, just in case he was late. And if he was, Nandini would make sure to make fun of him for it.

Another couple of minutes passed and Nandini had lost her patience. She took out her phone and texted Armaan, asking where he was. Armaan had checked her text but he didn't reply to it, making Nandini even more pissed. She couldn't take it anymore so she decided to leave but at that moment, her phone pinged. Nandini quickly checked the text, hoping it was him, and as if god heard her prayers, it was.

"I'm inside." Nandini looked at the text with her mouth agape. She had been waiting outside for him fifteen minutes and this whole time he was inside. "Stupid idiot, couldn't he have texted me that. But no, he imagined me to simply know that he was inside waiting." 'Shut up Nandini, go inside before he leaves.' Nandini quickly turned around and headed back into the mall.

She looked around, trying to find Armaan, but didn't see him anywhere. She was about to text him again but heard her name. Turning around, she came face to face with Armaan. Armaan, who had seen his beauty in a red churidar looking around for him like a mad women, decided to finally show his presence.

"You're late." That was the first thing he said which made Nandini's mood turn even more sour. "Excuse me, I reached here a minute before one and have been waiting for you outside for the past fifteen minutes. It's your fault. You never told me you were already waiting inside." Nandini quickly defended herself. "Whatever. Don't waste anymore of my time, as I have another meeting in a few hours. So let's get whatever you need." Nandini looked away, rolling her eyes, and muttered, "As if I was the one who asked you to come shopping with me." Armaan had heard her but decided to ignore her, not wanting to start a fight in public.