4.The Encounter of Two Humans

At the docks....

Y/N:shortly after receiving my sword, me and the others board on a large ship from the emperor's coven assigned to hunt a large monster for a huge bounty. I walk around the ship and run into Simon and Cal."hey guys"

Cal:"hey there Y/N, doing well?"

Y/N:"yeah, just a bit concern and on guard for my brother since he's in charged of this ship"

Simon:"the golden guard? Yeah, he mostly is spending his time in the office and I'm sure he doesn't suspect anything"

Cal:"you sure your alright with coming along on this? It's a high risk if the emperor find you here and the gang and I plan on staying here for a while"

Y/N:"don't worry, after this bounty is done and we all get paid I'll be heading out on my own and figure out what to do from there"

Cal:"well if you say so, we'll head on over and check on the new recruits, so you be careful with the others" I said as me and Simon walked away.

Y/N:they walk out as I go to the side of the ship and stare out into the see and looked down at the dock. I've been helping theses guys with some jobs for the past week and I managed to make enough money in my account, my injuries even healed up nicely including my wrists and ankles. Right when we're done with this bounty I'm gone, wonder what I'll do on my own, I still have a score to settle with my dad. I continue to space out as I looked down and noticed Kyle talking with someone."hm? Who's that, a new recruit who wants to join the hunt?" I looked down and see a young girl with short hair, a short sleeve purple and white hoodie who has what seems to be a badger with horns clinging to her shoulder."well I guess we can use all the help to handle this beast. Hm? Wait a minute" I get a closer look at her from the distance and was surprised to see what I saw. Hold on! Her ears are like mine! Is she human?! Her scent too, know doubt that this is the human girl who helped free me as well as saving the owl lady. What she doing here? Isn't she wanted by the emperor like me? Coming here is a bigger risk for her, I better keep an eye on her as we move out.

———————

Kyle:all the crewman gather up as I get there attention."alright everyone listen up, the captain has something to say!" I said for the crew members to line up as a guy who resembles a crab comes up.

Captain:"alright maggots listen! As you know the Selkidomus has been spotted around the far side of the see and the emperor wants it either dead or alive! We get the job done! *drops a large bag on the grown* we get the money glory! Till then keep this ship in great shape!" I said as I handed a broom to the human girl."so don't be a burden"

Luz:"you don't have to worry about me" I said with determination.

LATER......

Y/N:we all finished setting the sails and I walk around the ship as I noticed the human girl stacking some creates.

Sonia:"surprised to see another human?" I said as I approached Y/N from behind.

Y/N:"yeah, can't believe she got caught up in all this mess"

Sonia:"I know, you better keep an eye. You two are the only humans here"

Y/N:"yeah I suppose so" I said as walked towards the boxes and noticed that she was struggling with carrying one."oh! Here let me help"

Luz:"hey thanks, my names Luz I'm pretty much new here"

Y/N:"I'm Y/N, I joined this crew about a week ago" I said as I tug in my hood. She still has no idea who I am."so what made you wanna come along, if you don't mind me asking"