Chapter 23: Fooled

Start from the beginning

You stood there realizing the possibility of being tortured again and the worst is hurting someone you loved.

Doc: You'll be more safer here than the outside. The base is cloaked it cannot be found on any radars so don't fret.

__________________

The mission was held first thing in the morning. Doc said that Auditor is also present near the last drive so they will expect a tough fight. Sanford saw (y/n)'s continue to fuss but Doc held (y/n)'s cheeks and said that we're going to be fine.

Sanford returned to his room to retrieve some of his belongings. He didn't bring a lot of things with him every time there was a mission, unlike Dei, who always carries a lot. He decided to get some snacks so that he could eat something on the way to the destination, so he left his room and returned to the kitchen, which is now empty, as everyone is probably prepping themselves out.

Sanford grabbed one of his spicy snacks that will kick for the day.

(y/n): Please be careful out there.

Sanford spun his head seeing (y/n) fiddling towards you.

Sanford: I will.

(y/n): Here, I packed some medic supplies to each of you in case something bad happened.

(y/n) gave Sanford some bandages and gauges. He thanked while he put it inside his mini knapsack that dangle in his waist.

Doc: Sanford we're heading out.

Sanford: Right, (y/n) communicate with us alright? Even though your safe here It's still good if you give updates.

(y/n): I will.

(y/n): Oh and San?

Sanford: Hm?

(y/n): Win this... for me... for Deimos.

Sanford smiled and nodded to (y/n) as he finally joined the starting vehicle and drove, leaving (y/n) at the base alone.

____________________

Sanford: (y/n) will be okay right?

Doc: definitely, don't worry, it's better to leave (y/n) at the base than risking (y/n) being tortured again.

Doc said as Sanford gave a nod to him, the anxiety grew up on himself on the way to Auditor. He worries about you. Ever since Deimos died he was traumatized leaving you alone. He was afraid he'd lose you as well, and if that happened, he'd have no idea what he'd do with the rest of his life.

Doc: Right, base on the informations I got. The second chip was located at the main watchtower and Auditor was guarding it. Hank, distract Auditor as much as you can while Sanford and I will directly locate where the chip and destroy it. The base is quite big before the watchtower. So stick together as much as we can.

Doc instructed, Both Sanford and Hank nodded, prepping themselves as they are getting nearer on the destination.

____________________