Chapter 23: Fooled

Start from the beginning

Sanford: He always blared to me that once the madness ends he wanted to watch the shores, play volleyball with his best pal... but how can we make that happen if he's gone...

That last words took the last straw out of it. You felt your heart sunken deeper. Deimos has a lot of dreams, you remembered back then when you two got stuck. His eyes glittered in determination to meet peace. But... his gone... what now...

But you can't just stay dwell on him alongside San.

(y/n): He'll be back, Doc will find a way, he revives Hank for sure he can revive Dei...

You said to Sanford even though Doc told you about Deimos's situation. That he was not like any of us, so it would take some time. But good thing Sanford's tensed body finally eased up.

(y/n): Here...

You had an idea that will help Sanford, you grabbed something inside your pocket and handed it over to him.

Sanford: W-what's this?

(y/n): Deimos gave me this a while back when we completed a mission together, he said to take it as a reward but, I think you needed it the most.

You said handing the earpiece Deimos gave you back then to him. Suddenly an embrace greeted you as Sanford whispered 'Thank you...'. You stood up and wave goodbye to him. You thought that it is now a good time for him to have privacy.

As you neared the end of the door, you heard Sanford try to call Deimos through the earpiece. It immediately pierced your heart as the weight of guilt weighed on you. you immediately left the area before you sob back again.

You chose to stay in your room to pass the time, but you needed to get some snacks from the kitchen. However, as you were walking to the kitchen, you bumped with someone, which threw you off balance a hand suddenly grab you behind your back.

Doc: sorry about that.

Doc said that luckily grabbed you before you fell. You take a look in his face.... he looks haggard. The amount of time he spent trying to figure out how to bring back Deimos affects his appearance.

(y/n): You okay? You look tired... have you gotten any sleep?

Doc: Yeah, yeah... I still maintain the 8 hours of sleep.

Doc bluffed, he pretended to be energetic putting his arms to his waist showing off that he has the energy throughout the day but the eye bugs and fatigues are visible in his face.

(y/n): *chuckle* Liar... stop overworking yourself Dad it's not healthy.

Doc: I can't... my conscience doesn't stop bugging me to find a solution now. I just... couldn't believe that this will happen.

Doc's expression changed into anger. Putting this amount of anger towards Auditor.

(y/n): everyone also felt that... Is there any progress?

Doc: A little but I still try to continue working it on.

Doc: I assigned a task for tomorrow. We're going to end that last improbability drive to end this once and for all.

Doc's eyes eager more to kill Auditor.

Doc: But you'll have to stay here. Only the three of us will go.

(y/n): What?! Why? You don't have a medic in the team! That could be risky.

Doc: I know, But Auditor wants you. You can't befall on the hands of him. I-if that happen. It will be the end for you and entire Nevada.