"Denial."

(Rudy x Gender Neutral! Reader)

High School AU: Rudy feels what almost every x Reader Love interest feels, and there are no exceptions. No Agent Rudy Divider for this one.

Requested by: AiralitaEstacio

Sorry if this is roughly late, but I hope you enjoy this. (P.S. Rudy might be out of character.)

...

It's been a weird week.

[Name] sighs, as they lay down their bed, exhausted from the many errands and activities their fellow friends did with them. Cloudy vision quickly returning to normal back and forth, Their half-lidded [E/c] eyes screamed exhaustion.

But despite their yawning and their body refusing to get out of bed, there was one thing that seemed to bother them. Though it was blurry, it was alike to waiting to say something, only to forget it when you are about to speak. And it wasn't recently that they felt this, it bothered them before this week even began. 

"If you forgot, It's probably not important." Roza states as [Name] let's out a small sound of understanding, as they and other of Roza's various friends enjoyed themselves, whilst [Name] still can't get the mysterious feeling out their thoughts, With the thought basically living rent free in their mind - drifting around their head in every moment.

They internally cursed themselves for not being able to recall what or whom they were forgetting...

Whom?

Who was it? Wait...

...

[E/c] eyes lightened up as once drained energy immediately came back in a blink. They scrambled out from their bed without effort, as the newfound energy made them change their clothes once again.

'Damn... How can I forget?!' They blamed themselves, insults following made of regret. Once they got to the front, the [H/c]-nette's hands immediately strapped itself on the bike handles. Looking left and right, they then proceed to pedal their way to their friend.

...

A disappointed sigh came out of his mouth, as he rubs his head hazily. He's been like this for some time, and he know what was the cause.

It was them.

He misses their presence greatly. Even if the encounter eachother at school, It seemed like they spent less time with him.

He knew very well that this wasn't intentional, but he can't help to feel conflicted about it. Despite knowing damn well of what he felt, he denies that big lettered truth in front of his face.

Ever since [Name] (unintentionally) forgot about him, he felt very awkward. He was used to someone always on his side, bantering and going on about topics he would care for just for them. Lately, He would quietly do errands and activities without that rambling he was used to.

It was very weird, but it was normal... Right?

Who was he kidding?

Rudy grumbles in frustration as these thoughts kept circulating in his head, Denial clouding his thoughts even more. He tried to get on with his daily routine, yet every move made him go back on what he tried to avoid.

'Ding!' The joyful ring of the doorbell sent him downstairs, grabbing the handle with hope.

And his hope really came true. Nervous [E/c] eyes met his, as [Name] began to apologize profusely, Saying: "I'm so sorry!";"I really didn't mean it..."  Over and over again whilst hugging him.

"... It's fine." Rudy pulls them closer, a satisfied smile resting on his once stressed face. "Thanks for coming over."

"Look- I'm really sorry that we couldn't talk or hang out that much." [Name] stares at him with distressed [E/c] eyes, "...Even if it's just one week. I guess we were together so much huh?" They chuckled as their cheeks lit up.

Rudy's once stressful and messy thoughts slipped away because of them. He felt so comfortable in their presence.

"Yeah." He simply responds, "Just don't forget about me next time..." The [H/c]-nette only rolls their eyes at their proposal,

"Mhm. Of course I won't." They laughed,

"Was that sarcasm?"

[Name] only rolls their eyes, turning to the male, as if telling him that he already knows.

They spent the rest of the day hanging out on their usual spots, both parting way much more happier.

"I really enjoy being with you."

...

End.

Short One-shot to get the fluffy feels and to start off! I wasn't really intending to take this long of a break, but oh well I'm back!

I'll be updating Ocean Eyes soon, and I will do the requests along with it too.

Also thank you AiralitaEstacio for this request!

Have a Good day/Night!