But he's safe now, he'll be alright.

His eyes slowly opened, he blinked a few times before gradually turning his head towards me. I missed those grey eyes of his, and the way he always used to stare with no emotion. He just looked at me; no smile whatsoever. I smiled weakly and leaned closer.

His lips moved slowly as he spoke.

"What you doing here?" He asked confused. I scratched my head.

"Came to see you, again."

"I thought you had an appointment today?"

"I did, but I changed it, I wanted to be with you instead." He sighed and looked down towards the plastic bag in my hand, "food," I explained. I brought out the container full of pasta and other things my mum had made for dinner the previous day that I didn't eat. I know he hated this hospital food. He didn't even ask for any, but I wanted to bring him some anyway. He was slowly losing weight, I wanted him to stay healthy. I placed the container on the side and he watched me closely.

"Armani and Ravyn said hi," I informed him. He didn't even react, he continued to stare.

"And Kyle and Juan said get well soon and something about you being a don, but I was slightly confused."

Still he didn't react.

"What made you bring pasta?" He suddenly asked. I shrugged and fiddled with my fingers.

"It's your favourite; I thought you might be hungry."

"How did you know it was my favourite?" It then clicked in my mind that I actually remembered something, which was quite weird since it's been a while before anything had come back to me. I shrugged a second time.

"I don't know, I guess I remembered." He nodded.

"Come closer, why you so far away?" I complied and dragged my chair closer to his bed. He didn't look too good at all. He was pale, and slightly slimmer, literally looked half dead. I was just glad he was alive. He breathed deeply and rested his head back on the over-sized pillow.

"Another week, then I can get out of here." He said. I nodded.

"How are you feeling?"

"How do you think I'm feeling Erica?" I put my head down and suddenly felt ashamed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect this to happen. I should have moved you out of the way, I feel so guilty. Maybe if it had happened to me instead then-" he pressed his index finger against my lips to keep me quiet.

"Don't say that, and stop apologising. None of this is your fault." I felt a tear slowly slide down my cheek. He used the back of his hand to wipe it. I sat there quietly and tried to calm down, and see the lighter side of the situation, but there was no light side.

"I just wish I was in this bed instead of you." I admitted. He screwed slightly.

"Don't piss me off Erica," he warned. I sniffed.

"I'm sorry,"

"Stop apologising."

"Okay, sorry." He stared at me. I looked around the ward and noticed some other patients watching, so I stood up and closed the curtain around us, then sat back down.

"I'm gonna make it up to you, I promise." He looked away and faced the TV instead, which was off. It was silent for a few minutes, and the atmosphere had changed, more tense.

"What happened to you Brandon," I asked quietly, he looked at me, "please, it was killing me knowing you were gone. I wished you back every day, but you never came. I was scared... I thought I wasn't gonna see you again." He was quiet for a moment, then sighed.