1: How We Begin

Quirks.

You sniveled, shaking at the sight of the man in front of you, pointing a silenced firearm at your face.

They had started generations ago, with children who glowed in the dark, and evolved to what they would become today.

You had been on a trip to the city park with your mother at 7 years old. 3 years after everyone around you had found their quirks. Acid Immunity, heating their body to unheard temperatures, stealing the heat from the air to force freezing temperatures...

That aside, you had seen someone walk into an alleyway nearby, and a child's curiosity had taken over, leading you to follow behind your mother's back. That had led to you finding a man in a raggedy sweatshirt smoking by a dumpster, on the phone. Nearby, hidden barely out of sight, was the strangest glass canister you had ever seen. A strange, gear-like logo with three teeth had been present, that much you remembered.

Not that you would forget what was inside. A black... mass. Fluid-like, it moved in motions alien to you, responding to motion and light like a living creature. You were so entranced by it, that you couldn't help but continue to get closer as the man turned away to blow a puff of smoke. Somewhere, you had been found with your hands on the glass, and the man blew up, figuratively.

Nowadays, 80% of the human population had a quirk of some kind, while the other 20% remained Quirkless throughout their lives.

You only remembered bawling over the mortal fear of the weapon pointed at your head. Even with a kid, this grown man, red in the face from fury, was ready to pull the trigger. Now, what could get someone, a kid, out of this situation? One would say a hero, or maybe an apology and running off. Did either of those end up happening here? No. What you had to rely on was...

You pressed your open hand against the glass in a moment of panic, throwing your right palm over the gun barrel. A light chunk of a silenced pistol went off, followed by shattering glass.

...Kinetic Refraction. Your quirk allowed you to take any kinetic force from one point of contact and direct it through your body to another point.

"What the-!?" Was the last thing you remembered hearing that day. Somehow, you had returned unharmed to your mother, and went home without realizing it...

  "Y/n." You snapped awake at the sound of the familiar voice. Ever since that day, eight years ago, you had been bonded, formed with that thing you found. A creature that called itself a peculiar name.

  "Yes, Venom?" You whispered, sitting up in your bed to look around your room. Mostly bare, save for a few white bottles and crumpled wrappers sitting beside a mortar and pestle on a desk opposite of your bed.

  "You need to be awake, school is starting soon." The black mass within cautioned you. You nodded, stepping out of bed.

  "Thanks." Venom did not respond as you grabbed your phone off a charger and your bag off the floor, flinging the latter behind your back. There were quite a few quirks to the symbiosis offered by this alien creature, such as...

  You felt your sweatpants melt into black symbiote goo, spreading over your body to reform into your school uniform. That was one advantage.

  To give a full recap of what exactly happened between ages 7 and 15, you couldn't remember the exact moment you learned of Venom's existence within you. It was like he had always been there, much like your parents or the bullet scar kept on your palm as a reminder of that day.

  Venom himself... he was an anomaly, to put it shortly. A black mass words could not describe, he had somehow jumped onto your body, through you, and bonded with you. Now, he was simply there for you. Sure, you needed to feed him a diet you were slowly growing tired of, but it was better than the main source of his sustenance: brains. Quite seriously. Looking back, you suspected that you had bitten the head off that man, years ago. It was scary thought, but one kept inside.