"That's right, he did leave his family behind." Steven says.

"That's not how it goes!" Amethyst told him.

Isabella wrapped an arm around her brother's shoulder, "I think maybe Cookie Cat had run out of ways to grow on his home planet. And even though it must've been hard, and he loved his family so, so much, maybe he had to leave to keep moving forward."

"We're still talking about ice cream, right?" Amethyst asks.

"Everyone..." Steven and Isabella look at each other before continuing in unison, "We've decided to move out!"

"Don't worry about us, I have a very comprehensive plan to visit all 39 states before I decide where to settle down."

"And I can find ways to video chat my new therapist while I'm in space with Lars."

"Do not try to talk us out of this!"

"When are you leaving?" Pearl asks calmly.

"Uh...tomorrow?" Isabella informs, confused.

"Oh, so soon! Well, all human adolescents need to seize their independence eventually." Pearl says before giving the siblings a hug, "I'm so happy for you two." she then leaves.

"Yeah, Isa, bud. I'll miss ya. Peace!" Amethyst leaves as well.

"You guys know we may never come back, right?" Steven asks.

"Well, to live here and hang out as much as we used to." Isabella adds.

Garnet places her hands on their shoulders, "We know. This will be an exciting new chapter in your lives." she then leaves.

"That...went well...right?" Steven turns to his sister.

Isabella sighs, "Too well."

...

"You...WHAT?!?!" Bismuth shouts as Peridot looked ready to cry, Lapis looking a bit angry, "Isabella, Steven, what's the problem? Are you mad at me?"

"Of course we're not mad at you."

"You did nothing wrong."

Steven and Isabella reassure her.

Bismuth brings the two into a tight hug, "Then don't leave! Oh no, am I smothering you?!" she backs away, "I get it, I get it!"

"Bismuth."

Bismuth turns her hands into a saw and hammer, "How about I build you two some nice vacation houses just outside of Little Homeworld? And Isabella, I'll make sure to make yours big enough for you and Lars!"

Lapis approaches the two, briefly summoning her wings and outstretching her arms, "Listen to me. You can't run away from yourself. Wherever you go, you'll be there. Trust me, I know."

Peridot drops down on the floor and sobs into her hands.

Isabella kneels down and holds her as Steven holds the Gem's hand, "Shh...it's okay, Peridot."

"Peridot. Come on, it's okay."

"Where am I going to find another Steven and another Isabella as good as you two, huh? I like these ones so much!"

"Here, we want you to have this." Steven held up he and his sister's old t-shirt, stitched together to make a fusion of it.

"My very own Steven and Isabella shirt?"

"Be the Isabella and Steven you want to see in the world." Steven told her before he and his sister stand up, Peridot wailing once more and blowing her nose with the shirt.