✩20

yes so i have decided the ending already 😍

Damin was fully aware that what she was doing right now would likely result in her being scolded by Jisung, but she didn't seem to mind

Damin was fully aware that what she was doing right now would likely result in her being scolded by Jisung, but she didn't seem to mind. She'd been pondering whether or not to inform Jungwon about everything that had happened recently over the last week, but she'd always remembered Jisung's warning.

She didn't understand why he couldn't know about her peculiarity in the first place. Was it because of the wights that Jisung mentioned? Her curiosity piqued, even more, when the loop entrance was hidden in plain sight.

What were they trying to hide from? Whatever it was, she knew it was nowhere near good. Unfortunately, she found out the hard way.

In the end, she obviously gave in. She couldn't stand Jungwon's unhappy face every time she saw him. The sighs he would occasionally let out when she gave one-worded replies, the way his eyebrows would furrow when he was wondering why she was acting that way.

"So that's why you were acting like that?" Jungwon asked, still not grasping what she told him earlier.

A nod from her.

"I thought you were mad at me for something." He let out a small breath he didn't know he was holding. To say he was relieved was an understatement. He was glad that Damin trusted him a lot to tell him about the other peculiars.

"I could never be mad at you, Jungwon." She gave him a soft smile and poked his dimple. Jungwon felt like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders.

"Well, if you have anything bothering you next time, you can always talk to me about it, never lie to me," He said, looking directly into her eyes. "I don't want you to go through it alone."

Damin felt her cheeks heat up and looked away. "I'll remember that next time, Wonie ,"

" Wonie ?" He raised his eyebrows.

"It's a new nickname I made for you," She said with a grin on her face. He had to fight the urge to squish her cheeks right then and there. "You don't like it?"

"No, I like it," He turned away so she couldn't see his now reddened cheeks. " Wonie ."

"I'm visiting the loop again with Jisung and Chenle, wanna join us?" she asked, her tone filled with excitement.

"Whatever makes you happy, are you sure they won't mind though?"

"Nah, I don't think they would," replied Damin.

The bell rang, signifying the beginning of class. Damin couldn't wait for Jungwon to see the other's peculiarities. She was certain that he'd be just as shocked as her when she found out their peculiarities. Once school had ended, they both headed to the school field to wait for Jisung and Chenle.

"Hey Damin," Jisung greeted, confusion written on his face once he noticed she wasn't alone.

As if on cue, the brown-haired girl spoke up. "I wanted to ask if Jungwon could come too."

"You told him?" Chenle raised his eyebrows.

A hesitant nod from Damin.

Jisung sighed, "I think we need to have a talk. Alone."

Chenle smiled apologetically at Jungwon.

"O-Oh, I'll just wait there." was all he said before walking away from the three.

"You know you weren't supposed to tell him, Damin." Jisung frowned.

"I know but—"

"There are no excuses for your actions," said Chenle. "We have our own reasons for this."

"He won't tell anyone, I swear!"

"You have to understand, Damin, it's for him and our safety," explained Jisung, voice rising a little higher than normal.

"Safety from what?!" She didn't mean to yell but she did. She just felt really frustrated over this whole situation. 

Chenle answered calmly. "Wights and Hollows."

Wights.

That word again. She'd been meaning to ask them what wights were. She opened her mouth to speak but Jisung cut her off.

"Plus he can't enter loops either way." He stated.

"What do you mean he can't enter loops?"

"Normals can't enter loops, or else their brains turn to mush."

"Oh..." The disappointment was clearly evident in her tone and the two noticed.

"I'm sorry," said Jisung, "We'll let this one slide though, if one more person knows, we might have to tell Karina to wipe their memory."

Jungwon, on the other hand, stood back and watched. He could make out their faint voices but couldn't understand what they were saying. After they were done, he could only see Damin's disappointed expression. She motioned for Jungwon to come here as she turned to face him.

"Y-you can't come with us, I'm sorry." She muttered, turning her gaze to the floor so she could avoid his eye contact. She felt really bad. She had gotten his hopes up but in the end, he couldn't even enter the loop.

"What, why not?" He was undeniably excited to meet all these people Damin had been talking about all day. She said, One could fly, one could bring back the dead and the other could be invisible.

"Because normals can't enter loops," she added. "I'm sorry."

Damin expected Jungwon to be disappointed at the sudden news but his response totally caught her off. The boba-eyed boy mustered up a smile. "It's fine, I'm sure I'd see them someday somehow."

"You're... not mad?" She looked up.

"Nope, not everything goes according to plan anyway," He shrugged. Of course, he was disappointed but it was okay. "You have fun though."

A smile made its way to her lips. "Thanks."

"Hate to break you guys' little moment but we really need to go," Chenle spoke up.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, Wonie ." She waved at him.

"See ya, Minie ."

they are honestly so cute 🙁