Chapter 21 - The Spider

Start from the beginning

     Because the demon was rather strong, Saren ordered a collar to be placed on him that hindered the use of his abilities.

     (Y/N) observed the collar before making eye contact with the demon. "I was hoping if I can ask you some questions that would be helpful for us."

"Go fuck yourself."

"Watch it." Tuca growled, sending the demon an unemotional but warning glare.

"If you cooperate enough, maybe we'll let you go. As long you don't plan on attacking us again." (Y/N) calmly spoke. This wasn't the first aggressive demon she's talked to. She's gotten tons of experience from dealing with them over the years.

     The demon tsked and moved to the back of the cage where he sat on the floor and angrily looked away from the woman. Taking this as a go ahead, (Y/N) pulled out her tablet in order to record his responses. "First question. Do you have a name?"

"I ain't telling you my name."

    The woman took her metal stylus and tapped her tablet loudly, getting the demon to make eye contact with her. Her eyes glowed once their eyes connected and lasted for a couple of seconds before they dimmed away and she went to her tablet. "So your name's Marlin? Fitting for where we are."

     Marlin was stunned and watched the woman type his name down. "What the- How do you know that?!"

    Vam giggled to herself, finding the demon's reaction funny.

"Next question-"

"HEY, how do you know my name, lady?! What was that thing you did?!" The demon got up and stood aggressively.

"Let's just say I can see what you're thinking. Can we continue?" For how calm (Y/N) was being it made the demon tense up. She can see his thoughts? What was that supposed to mean?!

     Tuca decided to go to a random bunk and lay down while watching the demon. Even though the cage looked sturdy enough, he didn't want that guy somehow getting out and attacking (Y/N). Vam decided to join him and sit down on the bunk instead which made Tuca choose to rest his head in her lap.

"Anyways..." (Y/N) sighed before continuing. "Do you know anything about a Demon King? Or have you heard of the name Zankoku before?"

     At this, the demon froze up. He gritted his teeth and looked away while balling up his fist. "I ain't telling you nothing about him. You'll have to kill me."

"Why's that? Are you one of his followers?"

     Marlin didn't speak which showed his resistance to answering. If he doesn't answer anything she'll have to read his mind. "Listen. Only I can grant you freedom. The more you cooperate the more you'll have a chance of walking away. Otherwise, I'll have no choice but to eradicate you."

"That means kill!" Vam hollered which made Marlin widen his eyes.

    (Y/N) wasn't gonna just let him go if he did cooperate. She needed to be sure that he wouldn't turn around and attack any more humans again before she can consider confirming him. "Along with letting you walk away, I can guarantee your safety from humans altogether. You won't have to worry about being captured or killed by us ever again."

"And how can I trust that?! You'll just kill me anyways whether I answer your fucking questions or not!" Marlin shouted.

    The Head Keeper nodded her head to the two demons behind her. "That's all the proof you'll need. They're free to stay or leave whenever they want. We aren't keeping them here."

     Marlin looked skeptical. Those two were traitors for working with the enemies. "Lady, you can sweet talk me all you want. I ain't budging! You might keep me alive but that Zankoku bastard won't!"