3

•Birds eye pov•

It had been exactly three months since Masky's last encounter with the figure. He'd tried to put the whole night behind him but it popped into his mind at least twice everyday. Who was this guy?

He knew basically knew everything and everyone living in the deep forest, The Operator had informed him and his fellow proxy about them all over the course of their arrivals. This guy was brand new, and he was human.

The proxy sat in his room, going over the night in his head again when his mind became fuzzy. He was being called down to The Operator's office. He sat up with a tiny groan, the springs on his bed being the only other noise in the room. He picked up his pill bottle and quickly took his medication, as per his routine. He then did as he was told and walked down to his boss' office, only to find that Toby wasn't there. He entered after a knock, being let inside with a distorted "Enter."

Many questions found their way into Masky's mind on the way in, 'Did he find out about that mission?' 'Shit, does he know about that guy??'. But all questions left when the man started to speak. "I've managed to find a rouge killer in the woods. He didn't seem to have anywhere to go so I decided to take him in. You, being the only proxy I own that doesn't have a partner, will be assigned him. Look out for him and show him how things are done around here." The man told the proxy. "Yes sir." Was his reply. Nobody dared to argue with the boss. "He will be outside hiding somewhere. Find him and begin your first mission together. Carve out our symbol into the trees of the shallow forest." Was the final order before the proxy was sent away.

Masky had his suspicions on who this 'new partner' was, the figure he fought that night creeping back into his mind. The man made his way to the front door, exiting the giant mansion and closing the massive chunks of oak wood behind him. He stood still for a moment, listening for any sudden sounds, looking out for any slight moment. He eventually took a few steps forward and started to scan the trees, he saw nothing. He continued walking until he heard a loud 'thud!' behind him. His knife being immediately stolen from his holster and held around his neck, the proxy froze. He knew this was his new partner.

"Let go." he ordered. The new proxy doing so and letting Masky turn around. What the proxy was met with was far too familiar. A hooded man with a black ski mask covering his face, a red frown sewed into the fabric. His hoodie was the same striking yellow that clashed with the blue of his jeans. Masky's knife being gently held in the man's offering, gloved, hand. Masky stared for a good ten seconds before snatching his knife back. "So it's you, the same prick that put our secrecy on the line." He spat, hatred in his voice. The hooded figure didn't reply, he just stared with his sad little face. He then began walking, brushing shoulders with the older proxy, telling him to follow by that one action. The older proxy rolled his eyes and did as he was signalled to, annoyed that the figure didn't respond to him. The two walked to the shallow forest, both pulling out their knifes and starting to do their job, both in complete silence. The only sound being of the wood breaking and very distant traffic. This new partner, without knowing, was going to make his own life difficult. Very difficult.