chapter 1

Riley's POV

"Are all your bags packed?" My nosey mom popped her head through the crack in my what I thought was my closed door.

"Yes mom we've been over this" I rolled my eyes while continuously flipping through my magazine.

"Sorry just making sure,don't want you to forget anything important" she flashed a smile and closed my door.

My mom has always been nice and I feel bad for rolling my eyes at her, but I'm too lazy to get up and apologize.

"We're in the city of wonder, disturbia" I cut the blaring music off by answering my phone.

"Sooo excited for florida this weekend?" My best friend spoke over the phone.

"Yeah I guess but it's going to be boring being the only girl besides the mothers of the other boys" I let out a sigh.

"Don't worry I'll make sure to keep in contact with you all week so you don't feel lonely!" She exclaimed happily.

"Okay well I better let you go Leah since we have school tomorrow" I could practically feel the sadness radiating off of her. She likes any way to have an excuse to not do something and speaking to me on the phone is just one of them.

"Awww okay see you tomorrow Riley" was the last thing she said before I disconnected the call.

Since my mom was right about being careful on leaving something important I decided to check through my bags before I called it a night.

One piece of clothing at a time I made sure I had all my desired necessities or so I like to call them.

I quickly changed into the appropriate sleeping wear and hopped into my cloud. Whoops I meant bed.

My thoughts were so focused on my plans in Florida I didn't realize the light outside my window.

Curiously got the best of me and I went over to the window to investigate.

I opened up the curtains while swiftly unlatching the little handle that keeps the window locked.

My head poked out to see where the light was coming from and it was no longer shining.

It was as if the source it was coming from turned off as soon as I noticed where it came from preventing me from seeing it.

Deciding to just ignore it I closed the window and locked it shut.

I debated on closing my curtains but kept them open. I sprung my body to my bed and immediately got comfortable.

My eyes slowly snapped shut and my whole world went dark but was soon replaced by wild, color filled dreams.

short I know but what are your thoughts so far on this story? tell me what you think in the comments.