33 Types of Fashion Styles

33 Types of Fashion Styles with Pictures

© Google.

1.Vintage fashion style

Vintage clothing is all about the old classy looks and exquisiteness. These are fabrics and fashion that came into existence in a bygone era but bygones are not really so bygones. There are people and there is a fashion that comes and goes but the lure of vintage fashion always seems to be timeless. Vintage is old fashioned that never goes out of fashion. Old is gold and rightly so and once you go through my recommendations of some of the old school fashion you would certainly like to add some to your wardrobe. Denims, Capris, High boots, Skirts are some of the vintage fashion styles that are quite in trend.

What is meant by Vintage Fashion Style?

The word "vintage" is oftentimes used to describe the style of clothing that ranges from 20 to 100 years old and it represents the era of the times during which it was manufactured. The condition that is needed for a certain piece of clothing to be categorized as vintage is that it should have a concrete reflection of the trends and styles that are often linked by many to that particular era. You may find vintage clothing as an Haute Couture or in high-quality mainstream fashion labels and it can be new, used, handmade or even manufactured.

Apart from that, you also need to understand that the definition of vintage can be very flexible hence for every new decade, there will be new things that can be fit into this category and therefore be labeled as vintage. It is also important for you to know that every item that is classified as vintage will become antique as time passes by. Any vintage clothing that is at least 100 years old or more will fall into the category of antique.

Some examples of Clothing with Vintage Fashion Style (from the 1920s to 1990s)

The 1920s: Long beads, Flapper Dresses, T-strap shoes, and Heeled Mary Janes

The 1930s: Puffed and Fluttery sleeves, Bolero Jackets, Oxfords, Fedoras, Peep-toe Shoes and Slingbacks

The 1940s: Wool plaids skirts and straight tweed, Reptile Shoes and Handbags, Brooches and Platform Shoes

The 1950s: Shirtwaist Dresses, Full Skirts with Petticoats, Fur Trim, Strings of Pearls, Twin Sweater Sets, and Wayfarer Sunglasses

The 1960s: Jackie Kennedy style, Elegant Pillbox Hats, and Box-Jacket suits Flowing Tops, Bell-Bottom Jeans, and Bohemian Style

The 1970s: Birkin bag, Platforms, Boho-Chic, Flare Jeans, Block Heels, Thigh-High Boots, and Khaki

The 1980s: Gold Chains, Izod Golf Shirts, Sweaters with Strong Shoulders Pads and Blazers, and Stillettos

The 1990s: Leggings, Chokers, Baggy Flannel Shirts, and Big Sweaters

How to Get Your Vintage Clothes?

If you would like to have your vintage clothes then you should search for the stores that have vintage in the name of the store or the descriptions of the clothes. You should always ask the people in charge to make sure that it's vintage before you decide to buy it for yourself. Apart from that, you may be able to find some vintage clothes in a used clothing store but the type of clothes that you will find are mostly old clothes. I would highly recommend you to go straight to an official vintage store so that you will be able to find a professional collection of vintage pieces as well as an owner who has a lot of experience in vintage designs to help you to make your decisions on which pieces that you truly love. Talking about the kids, we recommend checking out Petit Bateau shop where you'll find high-quality vintage and modern clothing from France.