INFORMATION.

.•°▪︎.•☆

"ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ɪ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜱᴇʟꜰɪꜱʜɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴡɪꜱʜᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴇxɪꜱᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ..."

.•☆•.

"ꜱᴇʟꜰɪꜱʜɴᴇꜱꜱ? ɴᴏᴡ, ᴡʜʏ ɪꜱ ɪᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴠɪɴᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴅᴇꜱᴇʀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇꜱꜱ?"

☆•.▪︎°•.

Date: 15/02/2022.

Hello :)

As this is a Hunger Games Fanfic, please be warned for heavy description of blood, gore, violence, torture and swearing. Themes/writing will delve into sexual assault, forced sex work and abuse so please take care of yourself and only read what you feel comfortable with. Warnings for anything heavy will be placed at the beginning of a chapter. There will be author notes at the end of most chapters too which will be from the date the chapter was published so keep that in mind as you're reading.

This is all written for fun; I'm mainly writing this to improve my writing skills so if there is mistakes or if anything is long-winded I apologise. If you have any constructive criticism I would love to hear it :)

Most chapters will be between 3000 to 10000 words long. (They'll get progressively longer in future because I dont know when to stop writing sometimes heh.)

The story will be split into 5 parts, with around 15 to 20 chapters in each. Most of the Finnick content will start in the second part since the first part will focus on the main character's own games. So you might have to wait a little for the romance to start but hopefully it's worth it. The story itself will go into detail from the 70th Games till Mockingjay so it will be long just as a heads up :)

This story will stick to most of the canon storyline but a few things that you'll read as you come across them, and there are lots of references to A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes as well as the Trilogy, so keep that in mind if you haven't read the prequel yet.

And apart from some obvious inaccuracies the come with adding a new character to the original plot of the series, the only other major canonical changes that aren't explained/aren't spoilers for the story include:

- Seneca Crane is Head Gamemaker from the 70th to the 74th since I forgot that it was supposed to be his third year during the 74th.

- first and last names of some characters from the original series that didn't get official names. I just gave them a last or first name where needed, (Paylor, Cecelia, Woof, Cressida...etc.)

- some characters from the original trilogy have family members I have made up and included in this story, but any of these new additions will make sense to the plot and character development of these characters, (Cressida, Clove, Johanna). And technically I aged up one of Cecelia's children but oh well.

- also I may have stupidly written Claudius Templesmith's name as Templeman throughout this story, when I go back through and edit again I will fix it my bad - (once it's fixed I'll delete this para). There might be a few other errors with book continuity but hopefully not :')

•°☆°•

If you have any questions about updates or the story ask them here :)

°•☆•°

Most information on updates/editing will be posted usually in author notes at the end of chapters.

***MOST AUTHOR NOTES AT THE END OF CHAPTERS WILL BE MONTHS OLD, SO KEEP THAT IN MIND AS YOU READ THROUGH THE STORY FROM THE BEGINNING.

Anyway, if you have somehow stumbled upon this, I hope you enjoy!

- soup ♡

UPDATE: 100k reads - 27/03/23 ♡♡♡
thank you!! :')

Old Cover:

°•.☆.•°

.•.▪︎°☆°▪︎.•.

A SIREN AND HER SAILOR.

VENUS ~ FINNICK ODAIR x OC

Start - 15/02/2022
End - ...

°•.▪︎.☆.▪︎.•°