Chapter 1

A/N: Her school uniform is up above

Chapter 1

Emmaline's POV

There he was walking in late again. John Lennon the wanna-be-teddy boy that everyone hates. Well, I'm scared of him like all the goody-two shoes. He had a lit cigarette and his hair in a quiff.

"Mr. Lennon we're very happy that you decided to join us." Mr. Willard said.

"Actually, sir do you mind holding this while I learn shit that I won't remember." He replied and placed his cigarette in Mr. Willard's hand.

"Ouch!" Mr. Willard yelped and threw the cigarette out of the window. I watched as the wind took the cigarette away.

"Mr. Lennon detention! Sit in the front row so I can keep an eye on you." Mr. Willard said. "Ah, I need to get to the nurse and get a bandage."

Mr. Willard walked out and John smirked at me and sat down next to me. I gulped and looked down at my book. My wavy dirty blonde hair made a curtain blocking me from him.

"Hey you should keep your hair up that way the world can see your beautiful face." A familiar voice said. A hand pushed my hair behind my ear and John's face peered as my hair was moved behind my ear. I gulped again and gave a tiny smile at his compliment.

"John Lennon." He said holding out his hand. "But you already knew that." I took his muscular hand and shook it.

"Emmaline Blackwood." I said in quiet tone. He chuckled a little and took out another cigarette.

"Want one?" He asked. I shook my head no and he blew smoke. "I should have known a goody-two shoes like you would never smoke in class." My brows knit together and a scowl was planted on my face. How dare he? He barely knows me. "Oh not what expected to hear, well darling you and I know you'd never smoke even we where off school grounds."

Now I was steaming with anger, rage, and maybe wanted some revenge. But now come on Emmaline that doesn't sound like you. It's sounds barbaric.

I was about to speak and he cut me off.

"Does her royal shy-ness want to say something?" He asked and blew smoke down my neck. I stiffened as the smoke traveled down my back. "Didn't think so.

"Oh, lay off her Lennon she's not causing any harm." A voice said behind me. It was Paul McCartney, well his first name is James but he prefers Paul. He also lives across the street from me his younger brother plays with my younger brother.

"Why should I?" He asked he putting up his feet on my desk.

"Well we wouldn't want Mr. Willard walking on you, your already in enough trouble." He said resting a hand on my shoulder. I felt so protected when Paul sticks up for me or is even around me. I don't know he seems like a older brother figure to me. I lifted up my hand on the shoulder Paul's hand was on my and rubbed his hand softly.

"Ah, don't worry Mr. Willard is probably knocking up the nurse as we speak." He said. My eyes widened and my cheeks turned red. Then a picture started to develop in my head.

"What's wrong love, got a picture in your head?" John said chuckling. His hand was placed on my thigh and he rubbed soft circles on my skin.

"Can you please remove your hand?" I asked politely.

"Ah she speaks!" He said throwing his hands up in praise.

"You know babe I think I like you I'll call you kitty." He said.

"And why kitty?" I asked. The last thing I need to be called is kitty or kitten. It just sounds so sexual.

"Well, because your tiny, cute, and shy like a kitten." He said. His fingers brushed my cheek and the bell rang. Thank you Jesus.

"Oh look at the time one hour wasted in the hell we call education bye kitty." He said. Then he walked over to the window threw his drag out, gave me a wink, and then walked out. I let out a sigh and Paul got up and stood next to my desk.

"You coming to art class or what?" He asked. I nodded and stood up. Better a get to used to this treatment, kitty. I told myself.