Chapter 2

I race back to my mansion and start packing, so excited about my journey to America. After I finished packing, which was about 2-3 minutes, I picked up my three suitcases, feeling none of their weight and went outside to put them in my car's boot. After that, I decided to stay outside for a bit, staring into the twilight sky, the moon and stars the only source of light. As I drifted off, the haunting memory of that night came flooding back to me, invading my thoughts.

My mum tucked me in my king sized bed, and said 'Goodbye', then closed the door behind. After a few minutes of staring at the ceiling, i drift into a deep, deep sleep and a nightmare starts to form. My mum and dad sleeping. Killers break into our house heading for their room.....

I wake up gasping, sweat dripping from my forehead.

"No. No! Just a nightmare." I say over and over again to myself. That's when it actually happens. My nightmare. I hear a BANG and a CRASH from downstairs. Struggling out of my bed, i open the door slightly and peak through the crack. I find myself looking at two men dressed in black, their faces covered to, break into the room infront of me.

My parents!

I stand in my place, too shocked to move for a few seconds then break through my door and head into the room. Inside are my parents both crying for me to run away. To run for my life.

"Summer! Run! Go! You can't save us! It's too late!"

" Just remember, we love you! Live your life, don.........*cough*" Not standing to witness anymore, i turn around and run down the stairs, out of the house, and into the garden.

Like a coward.

I force myself to open my eyes. Breathing hard, i get up, check that it is safe outside, then go into the haunted mansion.