Then - Silent Treatment

Louise spotted Rosalinda in the distance, she was sitting alone reading a book. It had been days since they'd last spoken and she needed to know why Rosalinda wasn't speaking.

"Hey." Rosalinda looked up at a sorrowful Louise. She looked back down at her book, not saying a word,"May I join you." She nodded and turned the page.
"We need to talk."
"About what? I don't want to talk to you I want to be alone." They still hadn't come up and confessed. They acted as if it was just an innocent love-making. No big deal. This made Rosalinda's resentment worsen, every time they acted as if nothing happened.
"What did I do wrong? You're my best friend and we tell each other everything...please talk to me."
"I have nothing to say to you."
"Rosa! You're being unfair!"
"How am I being unfair?" she slammed the book shut and glared at Louise,"I just want to be left alone, okay? Just go!"
"Fine." Louise got up and dusted herself off," Cruz won't be happy that you've decided to shun us."
"I honestly don't care. You guys suck at being best friends anyway."
"What's your problem, Rosalinda?"
"You're my problem."
"You're being really immature by not telling me what's bothering you."

"Louise! Rosalinda!" Cruz yelled from a distance, he ran over to them and smiled,but when he saw Rosalinda glaring at Louise his smile faded.

"What's wrong?" He questioned, putting both his arms on his hips, and awaited an explanation.

"She won't tell me what's bothering her." said a frustrated and slightly annoyed Louise.

"I think you both know why I'm upset. And, if you have no clue than you're not true friends." She got up and walked back to her house, leaving Cruz and Louise flabbergasted and confused.

"What do you think is wrong with her? This is not like her, it's been days,Cruz." said Louise snaked her arm around his waist and he draped his arm around her shoulder.

"I think I know why."

"Why?"

"Remember that day at the hideout?"

"Yes..when we..uh.."

"Yes, and we heard the twig snap. We felt like we were being watched. I think Rosalinda saw us. That's why she's been so cold these past few days."

"Oh no.." Louise's hands flew up to her mouth,"She must think we're bad friends for not telling her we've got feelings for one another. This is bad. I feel dirty."

"I'll talk to her tonight. I'll make things right, and all will be well." They shared a little kiss before parting different ways.