Chapter 42: Surround Her!

Start from the beginning

Violet hair, violet eyes...I think I know that child.

No, I could definitely recognize her.

Violet.

An important character from the Goldy Pond.

"The child behind you," I suddenly spoke. "I think it'll be a good offering for Leuvis. I noticed that the child had been observing us. That Violet-haired child might be a little different from the rest of them."

Her eyes went wide when she saw me pointing at her.

I'm sorry.

"VIOLET!" A man suddenly shouted. "VIOLET! RUN!"

Andrew threw the child in his hand as he trailed his eyes on my finger that pointed at Volet. Andrew stared at her for a moment. The child named Violet was about to run away but Andrew was fast enough to catch her.

Violet tried to fight but Andrew was too strong.

"This young boy is swift," he said. "Seems like a good choice."

She's a girl! 

I wanted to shout but I choose not to.

"GET AWAY FROM HER, OR ELSE WE WILL SHOOT THAT CHILD!" My heart pounded loudly when the other children started to aim their guns at me. I simply took a deep breath before staring at them.

I'm screwed!

I am sorry, everyone. 

It seems like my first impression would be bad for them.

I pulled the nearest child on me before swiftly taking a small gun out of my pocket. I locked my arms on his neck as I pointed my gun at his temple. I suddenly felt guilty when the child trembled.

It seems like he's still new to this place.

"I won't hurt you," I whispered to him. The trembling child glanced at me carefully. "Cooperate with me."

My eyes went to the people holding a weapon in their hands.

"Listen! If you aim your guns on me, I won't hesitate to shoot him," I warned them using my loudest voice. "You won't lose one but two of your comrades, throw away your weapons!" I shouted.

Some of them hesitated, but most of them dropped their weapons.

My eyes went to Andrew who was still holding Violet in his hands. Violet was trying to struggle out of Andrew's grip, however, when she saw me looking at her, Violet hissed, she even glared at me like her prey.

I'm screwed.

My reputation is rock bottom.

"It seems like I underestimated the Young Miss," Andrew stated when he saw the gun in my hand. "I didn't know that you're capable of threatening someone."

He locked Violet's neck on her arms, before scanning this place calmly. I flinched when I noticed that he was choking her. 

"Do not damage her! I need her alive!" I shouted at him angrily. 

"As long as it's not her brain, it will be okay."

"S-Stupid!" Violet shouted while struggling.

I closed my eyes in frustration before letting a deep breath. "Destroyed, it's already destroyed," I mumbled pertaining to the people who live in Goldy Pond. "Tch, It's over now," I said to myself before glaring at Andrew.

I was planning to get their trust but with Andrew to stand in my way... 

Destroyed.

Maybe, it's okay to be reckless sometimes.