Chapter 2: Blood Tainted Snow

[23rd of Guardian Moon; Imperial Year 1175]

A harsh winds of the winter brushed past your face and caused your (H/C) hair to dance along with direction of the winds. Your body shivered as the winds grew worse with each passing moment. You placed your right hand in front of your eyes to prevent the snow from going into your weary (E/C) eyes. You would have used both of your hands to block the snow, but your left hand was keeping pressure on the wound on your waist. How much longer until they would stop following you?

You whipped your head behind you waiting to see people with armor in the distance continuing the chase. To your surprise there was nothing behind you, besides your trail of footsteps and droplets of blood left in the snow. Those Adrestian dogs were no longer chasing you. Thank goodness.

A sigh of relief left your lips in the moment. You were finally safe. After days of fleeing the Adrestians, they finally gave up. This realization would only cost you though.

Without warning, the pain of your newly acquired wounds severely worsened. You yelped in pain and collapsed into the freezing snow. While falling, your hand left the wound and now blood was oozing out and tainting the pure white snow. The adrenaline must have been the reason you had not minded the pain so much while you crossing the border. You were now in a dire situation.

A grunt escaped your mouth as you placed your hand back onto the wound. Your legs were sore and bruised. You sighed knowing you did not have to strength to start walking again. You laid on the snow and used one arm grab pieces of snow and attempted to drag yourself forward. It did not work very well unfortunately. You took your hand off your wound for a moment after quite some time of going nowhere. You were starting be unable to feel your hands.

Your vision grew dark and hazy while your body was freezing to death. There was no source of heat in sight. You observed your left hand to see it drenched in your own blood. You were losing too much blood for sure. You attempted to move your hand to cover your wound again, but it was no use. All feeling was starting leave along with your ability to move. You were far too exhausted to go on.

To make things worse, breathing became difficult. Your lungs tightened with each passing second and leaving little room for oxygen. The pain of your wounds severely worsened again which resulted you closing your eyes from seer agony. Were you going to die out here? Die right after you escaped your captors? How cruel of fate. 

"Felix! Sylvain! Ingrid!" A voice called out. "I found someone in the snow!"

"I don't think shes okay!" Another voice shouted.

Your heavy eyes opened to see four sets of legs rapidly approaching you. Was this potential help? Your eyes were having a difficult time focusing so you closed your eyes again. From the sound of the voices belonging to the people running up, they seemed like they were not adults. This could potentially be problematic as you were in desperate need of a doctor.

"She's injured!" The second voice from before shouted.

"What should we do?" A new voice asked frantically.

"We need to put pressure on the wound!" A feminine voice replied.

A hand pressed on your wound and caused a vast amount of pain. A cry of agony left your throat from the newly applied pressure. You knew they were trying to save your life, but the pain was too great to ignore.

"She is still alive. Sylvain and Felix! Could you guys go get someone to help. See if you can get my father or Glenn! Ingrid please stay and help me keep her alive." The first voice from before called out to his friends.