Chapter 10

"Call him on face time or something... video call! then he can see Rose and talk to her," I explain. They all stare at me for a moment and then I see the understanding sink and the feeling of stupidity taking over.

"Sure- we can do that," Eleanor smiles. Spencer reaches out his phone for me- however his phone is an old one- not a smartphone. I take my own out of my pocket and move closer to him. I check for Eddie's number in his phone and save it in my own, then, I call him.It takes a few rings for him to answer. I let Spencer hold the phone.

"Eddie? Can you see me?" He asks sceptically. "Dad! I can, Alright there? How are you?" I hear Eddie talk. "Could be better... Could be with you and mum- How's my Rosie?" He questions. "Mum's alright, fancy speaking to her?" Eddie asks. "Put her on then." 

"Spencer? Is that you? You look so thin! Are they not feeding you properly there?" Rosie's voice is shaky but soft. "Oh Rosie! I miss you! Don't worry about me! I'm looked after very well my love, and the kids here keeping my young," He chuckles. Eleanor smiles at me, and I feel happy for giving Spencer this opportunity to speak with his wife. They chat for a while longer, finishing with promises to speak again tomorrow.  "Thank you my dear child!" Spencer holds my hands when offering me back my phone. "It was no trouble at all- anytime you or Rosie feel like speaking to one another via video let me know and I'd gladly offer up my phone," I smile. "You're wonderful! isn't she just wonderful?" Spencer beams. "She is," Harry agrees with him. We leave Spencer's room while promising to visit later. "You did that," Harry touches my shoulder- you made that man so very happy and got him to calm down with such an easy fix," He studies me. "I was glad to help... It can get so lonely in here... It's bound to drive anyone mad," I shrug. Harry shakes his head lightly while a soft smile takes over his lips. "Come on- I'll walk you to the common room, I bet you all the others are there," Harry takes my hand in his, closing his fingers over mine. I feel my cheeks flush, however, I don't pull away, liking the warm feeling his touch gives me. "Alexa- If you ever start feeling lonely here... call me straight away.. yeah?" Harry stops to look down at me before we enter. I nod my promise and he pushes open the door.

"She came!" Louis notices me and holds both arms up. Emma, Ashton and Liam turn to see who he is talking about. I glance back, but Harry didn't follow me in. He is no where to be found. "I guess I did," I shrug, joining them. "Look at you- no strings attached," Ashton high five's me pointing out the IV which is long gone. "Yes.. Free at last," I smile at him. "Come Lexi- join us," Emma makes me room beside her. Her and Liam are in the middle of a car race game on the playstation, the others cheering them on. "Alexa should play the winner," Ashton exclaims, getting an agreement out of Liam and Emma. Emma wins, Liam handing me over the remote.Louis explains how to play and I let him, not telling him my brother and I play this game all the time. I beat Emma and then beat Liam, when I start feeling a little sluggish. I decide to go back to my room and and lay down. I pass the remote to Ashton, promising to catch up with them later. However, when I get up the room spins and I grab hold of the closes thing to me, Liam. "Hey there.. are you alright?" He holds me steady by my shoulders. "Yeah.. I just.. I got up too fast that's all," I assure him. I feel people around me staring. I try and take another step, but the room keeps moving. To my relief, Liam doesn't let go of me. "Alexa... Your'e not alright- you're burning up, " He says, holding up the back of his hand to my forehead. "I'm alright, no worries," I say, but it comes out as a whisper. "Someone call nurse Eleanor!" Emma shouts, the rest I can't hear above the ringing in my ears, my vision blurring and finally going dark.

When I come too, I have an oxygen mask on my face and new tubs in my arms. I'm not sure where I'm at but I know it's not my room. "Hi sweetie... How are you feeling?" Nurse Perrie is leaning above me, adjusting different things. "What happened?" I question. I feel drugged and not quite myself. "You took quite the fall love. Good thing Liam was there to catch you," She smiles at me. "How long where you feeling ill?" "I was fine... Up until the common room...  I don't know what happened," I'm so confused. "Well don't worry love, we will take good care of you- we'll find out what's the matter in no time," She promise me with a reassuring smile. "Harry will be here any moment I bet you- his shift over in a few moments, he was sat beside you before as well," She winks. "Where- Where am I?" I try and sit myself up. The room spins again so I let my head fall back onto the pillow. "You're in the ICU darling.. We will keep you here for a while before taking you back up to your room."  I nod and close my eyes trying to take all of this in. I was doing fine. What has changed? Why did it change? What is wrong with me? I don't stop the tears. I let them glide down my cheeks as I feel sorry for myself. I wish my mum was here. She always knows what to say or do to calm me down. 

"Alexa?" Harry comes in. "Perrie said you're up, what happen?" He questions taking the chair next to me. "I don't know.. I guess I fainted?" I gaze at him. "Fainted? Your blood presser was so low it was as if you were dead! You had them worried for a moment," He frowns at me. " I died?" I raise my brows at him. "No- no.. It was just really low... did you feel ill when I walked you to the common room? Why didn't you say anything?" "I was fine.. it only happen after," I assure him. "You gave Emma such a scare.. She was so worried.. good thing Liam was there to catch you," He tells me. "I.. I don't remember," I whisper. "You fainted while Liam tried talking to you. He caught you in time, so you didn't get hurt and someone pressed the red button- you know the one in the common room? So Eleanor and a bunch of other nurses and doctors came running in with a gurney .. They gave you oxygen and checked your vitals.. you came to for a moment but then went unconscious again until now." "Why is that? How long was I out for?" "for a few hours.. Liam came to get me right after, but Perrie said that it will probably take you time to wake up," He explains. "Am I sick?" I feel sick but I want to know I'm right. "I'm not sure.. They will find out what's wrong though and fix it," He promises me. "You don't know that.. they don't save everyone," I feel my tears start up again. "What If I'm really sick and I'm all alone here? Why can't my mum get in?" I wipe at my eyes. "You're not alone, I'm here... and I will be here with you every step of the way- I promise!"