Who's That Girl?

I arrived at my house at 5pm, giving me 2 hours to get ready before Alex comes over.
My dog, Thunder ran down the hallway to me as soon as he heard the door open.
" Hey baby, how'd you stay? Did you have fun baby?" To which he replied with a loud bark.

I took my shoes off at the door, before climbing up the stairs. It's been a long week, and I could really use a break.

Walking into my bedroom, I check for any messages on my phone and only find one from Alex.

Alex : You better not flake on us tonight, otherwise I'll drag you out myself.

Rolling my eyes I replied :

Zara : Chi -laxxxxx babe, you'll find me all dolled up tonight. Trust me. :)

Alex : Good to hear!!! The girls are joining us tonight, they miss you. :(

Zara : *smh* Me too, can't wait to see them though.

I didn't bother waiting for a reply before walking over to my en-suite and got the hot water running, and got out of my clothes.
Soon as the water was hot enough I stepped inside and let the steaming hot water envelope and relax my aching muscles.

~Flashback~

"Baby I really need to get going, the investors need a decision by today"

Ugh it's so hard getting away from Scott. He always knows which buttons to press to have his way.

"Zara baby, can't you reschedule? I'm sure they'll understand. Besides....we haven't spent any time together in dayssss" he said, looking down at me.

"I wish I could, but you know I can't. This is really important to me. But....I'll be back home in time for our.....Date Night."

His eyes seemed to light up at the mention of our date night. It's what we've always done since the beginning of our relationship.

"Promise?" He asked with a slight pout.

"Promise. I love you."

"I love you too, my love."

~End of Flashback.~

I came to and the water had turned cold. Fuck. With a deep sigh I quickly washed up and wrapped myself in a big, fluffy white towel and glanced at the clock.

" one hour left " I thought.

Wiping off the steam on my mirror, I inspected my face and smiled to myself. I ran my hands through my long black, curly hair, and my fair caramel skin.

After my divorce I would have never thought I would be able to move on from Scott. He was my everything, first love, first relationship, and my world seemed to revolve around him. I felt....lost, without him. Tall, Dark, Handsome, Loving. I really thought I had it all.

Leaving my bathroom, I took off my towel and left it on my chair, and went into my walk-in closet to find something to wear.

"since it's a club I have to find something sexy, but modest, since I'm not much of a clubber"

I chose a orange one shoulder mini-dress that shows my mid-section , paired with orange webbed heels.
I walked over to my vanity and applied a smokey eye and some blush with some lip gloss, with my hair in a high ponytail.

As promised, Alex pulled up and sent a text telling me he was outside.

Doing one final look over in my full length mirror, I walked out of the house, not forgetting to lock and walked down my driveway.

"Girl, you look suh-moking hot sweets!!!" Alex said with a bright smile.

"Aw, thank you. I try." I responded with a laugh.
"Now, are we getting drunk or what?!?!"

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

(Song Playing : Sheck Wes - WESPN sped up.)

You know that feeling whereby you have second thoughts on doing shit, but then it's too late to turn back? Yup, me too.

Sweaty, icky, drunk, swaying bodies surrounding us with the faint smell of alcohol and somehwhat sex in the air. Thank God this place had air conditioning,  otherwise I would have gotten sick.

We're blinded by red, blue and green streak lights from the high ceilings . This is actually a really upscale place if I do say so myself.

We FIGHT our way through the swarms of drunk people and find our way to our table where our friends are already seated.

"ZARA WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! WE THOUGHT YOU'D DIED IN THAT MASSIVE HOUSE OF YOURS!!!!" , my childhood friend Sammie said to me.

"Seriously though Alex, how did you get this bitch out of the house?" Nicole adding dramatically.

"Guys please!! I can still have Fun, alright? With that being said....WHO WANTS DRINKS???"

My friends let out screams of approval and gave me their drink orders. I walked over to the bartender on the other side of the floor and gave him our orders, leaving him to do his work. I think back to what Alex said and actually agree that it's not my fault my marriage didn't work out. And I should stop crucifying myself for bullshit I couldn't control. Maybe there is someone else for me out there, that will truly love me, just...maybe.

For some reason, I felt chills in the back of my spine. As if someone is watching me. I turned around to see no one in particular. Shrugging my shoulders I looked forward and slightly moved my body to the music playing in the background.
The bartender gave me my drinks and I walked back to my table.

{ "Who's that girl, the one in the orange dress?"}

{ " I dunno, I've never seen her here before. Must be a first timer." }

The mysterious man went back to sipping on his whiskey, his eyes still on the sexy girl.

"Ugh, finally Zara!! We thought you got lost on your way back" said Nicole. "Oh, and did you see how the hawwwwt, guy sitting in the back was looking at you?!?!"

A frown appeared between my eyebrows, "Who, I didn't see anyone at all."

"Look behind you."

I looked behind me and my breath hitched.
Oh. My. Fucking. Gosh.

Grey eyes, slight stubble along his chiselled jaw, with a cigarette in between his plump, cherry coloured lips, 3 piece black and grey suit, and a watch that probably costs more than my entire life.
Staring Right. At. Me.

He noticed I was looking at him and showcased his million dollar smile. What the everloving fuck was this man doing to me?

I returned the smile, just showing politeness, and turned back to the table to see the 3 musketeers looking right at me with wide smiles, ready to pop any minute now.

"The fuck are you looking at, he's just being polite." I felt slightly uncomfortable under his and their gaze. Like I was under a microscope.

"Uhm...what was that Zara? He clearly likes you and all you're gonna offer him is a smile and a wave? What's wrong with you?!?!"

"Hey Hey Hey!!! Not everyone is a horndog like you Taylor, chill the fuck out. And besides....you don't chase the man, the man has to chase you."

We took our conversation to the dance floor and started swaying our bodies to the music. The DJ sure does know how to make the party happen, kudos to him.

I drank more and lost myself in the music, until I felt hands hold onto my waist firmly. I was about to cause a scene until I saw who the person was.