22.

There's uproar in Hogwarts. A shocking news that came out of nowhere. A news about Umbridge was appointed as High Inquisitor surprised everyone including the teachers. Perhaps the only one who stay calm was Professor Snape. Even headmaster Dumbledore showed his grim expression. The Ministry of Magic believed that headmaster Dumbledore was failed to do his job. They received many complaints from the parents of the students in Hogwarts about the biased treatment among the houses. It wasn't secret that Dumbledore treated the house of Hogwarts unfair. He had prejudice against Slytherin, he neglected Hufflepuff, he showed half good to Ravenclaw and he totally pampered the Gryffindor. The three houses had been swallowing bitter pill for decades until today. They could not say they aren't happy. Although it was Umbridge, the most hated person in Hogwarts they could not hide their smile when they saw the bitterness in Dumbledore's face. Especially Professor Snape. The head house of Slytherin could not stop smirking at Dumbledore.

"Congratulations Professor Umbridge." He said with his lazy voice that somehow irritated Dumbledore. He glared at Snape which replied with another smirk.

"What’s wrong with you Headmaster?" He teased him.

"Severus!" He almost lost his cool.

"Yes? Is there any wrong in me?"

"No?" He added.

"Then announce to the school about madam Umbridge's new achievement." He said to the teachers but he kept eyeing Dumbledore.

"Alright." Dumbledore huft.

Severus smirked at the old man's behaviour.

The other teachers who saw the scene was bewildered.

The almighty Headmaster also felt aggrieved?

The shock wasn't last long as Dumbledore already looks like his usual. He was back to be the "wise" Dumbledore.

The meeting was dismissed and everyone went to the Great Hall to have a breakfast and announced to the students the news about Professor Umbridge.

When Dumbledore and the teachers sat on their table, the students sat down and waited with eager.

Many of them didn't believe the news, but more students hope the news was real.

They dreamed to be treated equally by the school and with Umbridge's new positions as High Inquisitor they saw a hope.

When they heard the announcement from Dumbledore, they cheered loudly. Totally opposite to the situation in at Gryffindor table.

The Slytherin clapped quietly although they cheered in their heart. They had to keep their facade as noble house.

The Ravenclaw started a heated discussion about the law, the rule, and speculation about the possibility of the fall of Dumbledore. They speculated about Umbridge would replace Dumbledore as Headmistress but their discussion didn't go further as they received a slight warning from the teachers. Although they weren't wrong but it was not the time to talk about replacement. The Ravenclaw nodded and quiet down their excitement.

The Hufflepuff who always stay humble suddenly felt elated. They couldn't stop giggling and talked animatedly about the possibility they could get a better treatment. Hufflepuff wasn't naturally humble. They were just being oppressed for too long that make them look weak. Now the situation changed and they could express their opinions more open without fearing being crushed by authorities. The Hufflepuff felt exhilarating even Professor Sprout shed a tear of relief.

The students at Gryffindor table were all quiet. Even the noisiest Seamus Finnigan couldn't utter a single words. The Gryffindor didn't think the situation would be like this. They thought everyone hate Umbridge and there would be rejection from both teachers and students. They didn't think they felt totally different from what they imagined. The students were happy and accepted the news in delight. The teachers were no different. The Gryffindor was confused. Why everyone was happy with Umbridge being High Inquisitor? Shouldn't they feel angry? Or at least upset because Ministry had invaded their education system? Just liked what Hermione said in the first day of school. But alas, they felt delightful with the news. Something wasn't right.