:: ⁰⁰¹ ::

"ugh!-"

they shove your face into the container holding suspicious powder within in, telling you to sniff it in with aggressive tones.

you're not sure how long it's been since you've been taken into their captivity, but your body aches a numb pain. dried blood staining both your skin and your clothes as you try to stop yourself from falling into unconsciousness.

you're tied into a chair, hands and ankles bound to it. you've gone tired from trying to wiggle out of the tight ropes that painted your skin with red patterns.

"sniff it in, fucking brat!"

"fuck off ancient looking ass!"

they laugh, keeping your head into the container. scars litter their arms, face covered with a black mask. perhaps they are men in their 30's judging from their voices, but you weren't in the right mind to focus on anything.

"keep her that way. she'll breathe it in one way or another."

you groan, trying to hold your breath before you could get whatever the powder was into your system. you don't know why they've chosen you out of all people.

"i'd rather die than sniff in fucking coke!"

"you curse far too much for a mere teen. just sniff that in and we'll be done with it."

you were afraid. the tips of your fingers were turning cold, everything began to spin. you've been holding your breath in for far too long and block dots were slowly beginning to fill your vision.

"there we go, nice and easy."

"come ooonnnn, professor! i just returned from a mission and you're already sending me to another one?" you groan out, slumping your back as ma do hyun only gives you a guilty smile

"please, ( y/n ). it's not much, i just want you to assist huijin for a while. i'm worried she'll have trouble bringing in a new student."

nodding in defeat, you turn your heels to head out and finish the mission as fast as possible.

although the mission before this was not as tiring as the others, it still did take a toll on you. you were tasked to bring any hybrids back to the nest if you were to find any in the provinces of korea. unfortunately (fortunately for you. bring back confused people was the hardest.) you weren't able to find anyone.

walking out narrow tunnel, you stand by the edge, watching as a train rushes your way, dinging as it stops right infront you before opening the door.

"out on a mission again?" the operator looks at you with pity, before closing the doors after he sees that you've settled down.

"unfortunately. to wherever huijin went. i was tasked to assist her when need be." you cross your arms, leaning back on the chair.

a nap wouldn't hurt.

"wake me up when we get there, cap'n." you mutter before closing your eyes, succumbing to the weight of sleep.

━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━

"thanks again old man! i'll be back as soon as i can."

you wave goodbye over your shoulder as you step out of the train, wiping the drool from the corner of your mouth as you hum, looking around for any signs of black hair with tinted pink.

looking up to buildings, eyes scanning around, you spot a small figure at the very top. 'that must be her.'

jogging to the entrance and asking to use the elevator, the classical music calms your senses as you wait patiently.

the door dings as you finally get to the top floor, opening up and letting the wind gust in. it blows your hair into directions, smacks you hard in the face as you walk up.

oh, it's not huijin.

but it's definitely a hybrid.

your needle-like tail gives you signals, telling you to approach the man, hair outgrown and coat flowing with the wind.

underneath, you can see a pair of transparent green wings.

ah, it's a dragonfly.

he makes a small noise before taking a small step towards the edge. 'i doubt he would die. those wings will instinctively fly him to avoid death.'

making your footsteps as quiet as possible, you grab his should before he could take another step. "only idiots jump."

he flinches and turns before violently smacking your arm away. you step back to give him space, a dull and tired look in your eyes.

"w-who are you?"

then your tail senses another presence nearby.

"someone sent to kill you." you grin, putting your hand back to his shoulder before pushing him off. "i'm so charitable, helping people out like this."

he screams, but it stops and a buzzing noise is heard.

"woah, i'm jealous. i wish i had them. wings."

there's huijin.

if she hadn't arrived earlier, you would have grabbed this guy and threw him against your shoulder before heading back to the nest. it was no use trying to convince most people, after all.

huijin must have stuck to the wall, planning to talk to him as soon as he hovers with the help of his wings.

"having wings and falling to death, doesn't that seem like a dumb thing to do?" she laughs, taking off her hat, "do you hate having wings so much?"

her antennae are exposed, eliciting a surprised look from the dragonfly. "then...a way to go back to being normal. shall i tell you?"

"but before that, can we go inside the building first...?"

you laugh, sitting back and waiting for them to climb back up.

she gasps as she climbs over the ledge as soon as she sees you, "( y/n )?! when'd you get here?" she rushes over to hug you, happily humming when you reciprocate the act of affection.

"just now. the professor asked me to look after you."

she sighs, "sorry, you just came back and now you have to babysit me again.."

laughing, you pat her head comfortingly, "it's fine huijin. i can handle it. but before that, you talk to dragonfly first and get this done with. i'll head downstairs first."

"alright, we'll be quick."