Rosalyn

Cale Henituse.

That betrothed of hers, her red lisianthus, is easily a wholesome hypocrite. One that Rosalyn never thought that it could ever happen to a person...

Telling others to rest while he himself working so hard despite all of his silent grumbling.

Scolding his friends and families who were not taking care of themselves when he has one of the unhealthiest schedule despite his dream of being a rich slacker.

Making sure that everyone is content and well while sacrificing his own time to make sure that it was indeed the case for all of his loved ones.

If only Japanese's dere girls are one of the things that the said transmigator ever introduced to this world, well, everyone might instantly agree that Cale Henituse is the biggest Kuudere ever.

His charm is ridiculous and not limited to the ones he knows that there are many times when the red-haired Tower Master nearly snapped and used her magic on innocents on accidents.

That being said, Rosalyn herself knows that her Fiance doesn't like crowds outside of their growing family.

And even then, sometimes Cale would need to spend some moments alone to collect himself.

Lately, however, there hasn't been many times for the red-haired young master to rest, let alone slacks off.

With his sworn brother finally taking up to the throne and his brother, Basen, got announced to be the next head of Henituse Duchy, Cale as the puppet master behind the two events couldn't have a blink of proper sleep and has been relying on his healing ancient power too much to his family's liking.

He never collapsed.

But Rosalyn watched as he grows weary and starting to create the image of an overworked veteran or so.

Her last straw was when that stubborn Fiance of his looked at his own hand with a confused look.

Cale could not pick up the quilt anymore because his hand is shaking too much, which annoyed him.

"you're exhausted, honey."

Rosalyn, who has been watching over him and providing her beloved all of the things he ever asked, stated as her warm hands reached to the shaking one and pulled it up to her lips and kissed the white knuckles.

"Rossie..."

Cale called out, his voice cracked a bit which shows just how much all of these has been taking toll on him.

That red-haired tower master was trying her best not to just snatched him away from this study and dragged him to his bed.

"Please. Would you listen to my plea and have some actual sleep? I know that you can stay up some more and that you still have a lot of things to do— but I beg of you... I can't stand watching you withering away right before my eyes like this"

Rosalyn was even down on her knees as she looked those Reddish-brown pair that she loves so much being clouded with fatigue.

"I..."

"...please, Cale..."

That pair of shaky eyes was slowly closed as a soft sigh of resignation escaped the pale chapped lips.

"...okay"

In all honesty, Rosalyn never really expected for him to agreed to her request. Her fiance is simply that stubborn.

So, him actually agreeing to having some rest when his conscience keeps on telling him that he shouldn't— well, might as well take that as a red flag.

What ever is about to happen should be taken seriously.

Well, it sure is...

Because apparently, the next thing Rosalyn knows as she's helping her weakened fiance up from his seating, Cale's eyes fluttered close as he stumbled before then, just like a puppet that got cut off its strings, he nearly plopped to the cold hard ground like a ragged doll.

'Shit!'

Luckily, Rosalyn was fast enough to cast flight magic on her betrothed.

She hasn't been able to see it before, probably because Cale has been holding it in, but now that he has passed out, his body is reacting more honestly and only then she realized that he is far from the word 'fine' that he's always been uttered to everyone.

"For heaven sake..."

Letting out an exasperated sigh, it seems like she really needs to call Eruhaben for help.

With that plan in mind, that former princess then carefully takes the exhausted Hero all the way to his bedroom before then tucking him in.

Rosalyn was never been this glad in forever that she could use magic not only for battle purposes.

Changing his outfit and cleaned him off with magic than Raon taught her, that tower master were delighted to know that Cale's fever isn't raising as she feared.

Still...

It's better to take care of it before it gets worse.

Gently wiping the cold sweat dripping off his pale face, Rosalyn also managed the room temperature around the sickly male.

Her efforts seems to paid off as the shivering body slowly calmed down as the redhead's breathing pattern soon evened out.

"Just... What am I supposed to do with you, my red lisianthus?"

Fondness mixed with disdain as she carefully placed a wet towel on the feverish forehead of her beloved.

Thinking back to all the works that her dearest still have, that former princess decided to take a look on it and probably do as much as she could.

In the past she has offered her help, of course. But Cale has politely rejected her offer because she has her own job as the mage tower master piling up.

To which, respectful of his decision, she has only been helping on the smallest acts like remembering him to eat, bringing him sweet tea, and visits to gives him massage or something.

Just domestic little things that nobles don't normally do— not that they cared about it.

Cale always enjoyed her company, and likewise Rosalyn would steal times and teleported to the villa or the Henituse territory to spend times with the young noble.

Though, now that she thinks back to the last weeks especially, Rosalyn realizes that perhaps her effort wasn't enough which leads him to be like thi—

'No. What am I thinking?'

It wasn't her fault that her red lisianthus ended up exhausting himself from his high sense of responsibility.

And she, as someone who knows Cale from early back should have known that the redhead wouldn't want her to blame herself either.

Especially not after all of those revelations about Cale's past as Kim Rok Soo and all.

'All I can do is help him as best as I could'

And so, there she is, while waiting and taking cared of Cale by his side, that former princess brought along some of the papers and look over the documents that she could handle as well rearranging the files based on the level of priorities.

Cale rarely got mad at her, anyway, though really, if the young noble actually got mad at her for doing this, she wouldn’t mind it either. Because honestly, she was more brokenhearted to see her beloved crumbling like this.

She had seen Cale suffering through wars and post wars as well.

...Never again.

Not as long she could help it.

Not as long she's here and able to do something about the matter.

Never again.