•𝐷𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠•

The Next Day; Kierra POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing loudly. I quickly turned my alarm off. Hoping it didn't wake up Erica. Today we have to fly back home, which saddens me, but I'm not going to let that affect my surprise for her. I plan on surprising her with breakfast in bed and the promised ring that I got her. I lightly moved her arm from around me then got out of bed. I watch as she started reaching for me until she realized I wasn't beside her. She grabbed my pillow and cuddled with that. Once she was good, I went into the bathroom to start my hygiene. After that was done I called room service for breakfast. It wasn't long before they came, and I started setting everything up.

Surprisingly, Erica was still asleep, so that made it even better. Grabbing the tray, I walked over and sat it on the nightstand.

Sitting beside her, I then started calling her name. "E," I said, lightly shaking her. She still didn't budge.

"You are not sleeping that hard," I stated, moving closer to her.

"Baby," I said, kissing her neck.

"Hmm," she said, turning to face me.

"Oh, so you wake up for that, though." I laughed.

"Why you stop," she asked, rubbing my thigh.

"Because I didn't wake you up for that, I woke you up for this," I said, grabbing the tray and giving it to her.

She smiled as she quickly sat up.

"Baby, you didn't have to do this for me."

"I did, though. You're my girl, and you deserve nice things," I told her as I opened the dresser, grabbed the black ring box, and gave it to her.

"You got me a gift?"

"Yeah, now open it. I wanna see if you like it," I said exactly.

The moment; she opened the box, she gasped and quickly looked at me.

"It's a promise ring. I meant to give it to you last night, but—well, you know how last night went," I said, looking into her eyes.

"I love it, Ki," she said, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Look in the inside," I told her.

Taking it out of the box, Erica turned it around, then read the engraving.

"The Best Thing Thats Ever Happened To Me," Erica read out loud. Once she finished, I watched as she stared at the saying for a few seconds and finally, she looked over at me with the most softest eyes ever. "You mean it?" She asked so sweetly. Sadly too but only because I know she really loves it.

I smiled and placed my right hand on the very side of her left cheek while I looked bro her eyes. "Of course I mean it. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Nobody has ever made me smile the way you have. Nobody has ever loved me like you have either. And I can't help but to love you even more for that, baby. Thank you..." I expressed and before another second or word could pass by, she pulled me into her and hugged me so tightly.

"Thank YOU!" Erica responded to me cheerfully. "I love you so much!" She added while her face pressed itself against mine.

"I love you too, baby." I said trying to mask just how sad I'm going to be soon knowing just how far away I'm going to be from her. We must depart soon and every single time that happens, my heart cries. Literally. It aches as I watch her walk away from me— never knowing when I'll see her again.

After the hug, I watched as she rushed to put the ring on. It was perfect. Just like her.
She did it so swiftly and once it was on her left ring finger for promises keeping, she held her hand out and admired the shine the ring held to it.