•𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒•

Kierra POV

I'm finally done with hair and makeup, and it's almost time for me to walk on stage. Getting the familiar butterfly feeling I always get I began to pray. In the midst of me praying I suddenly felt hands cover my eyes.

"Hey, Valencia," the voice said, and I immediately knew who it was. There is only one person that calls me by my middle name.

"Erica!" I yelled as I quickly turned around and jumped in her arms.

Erica and I have been secretly dating for three years now. The only ones who know about us are Shamika, J. Drew, Tina, and Warryn. She lives in L. A, and I'm in Detroit, but with our careers and us living so far apart, we don't see each other as much as we would like.

"Baby, I was looking for you at soundcheck. Tina said that you had a headache; you okay," I asked, pulling away from the hug.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm just a little tired," Erica said sitting in the chair I was once in.

"You sure?"

"Baby, I'm fine," she said, grabbing my hand pulling me on her lap.

"You look beautiful," she said, putting her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you. You know I do what I can," I said playfully flipping my hair back.

"That you do." She said wrapping her arms around me.

I placed my hand on top of hers and rubbed it gently. Erica then moved her head from my shoulder to my arm. I looked at her and she seemed deep in thought. It's more than what she was letting on.

"E, what is it," I asked.

"What is what?" She asked, smiling at me.

"I can see it. Something's bothering you, and it's not about you being tired. So what is it?"

"Noth—"

"Erica, don't lie to me."

She signed as she lightly sifted in the seat.

"Baby, I haven't seen you in three months. I just miss—" she said before someone knocked on the door.

"Hold on," I told her as I got up.

"Come in," I said, waiting for whomever to walk in. Slightly poking his head around the door, it was Damien, the stage manager.

"Oh, your in here," Damien said, looking at Erica.

"Yeah, I just came to say hey to Kierra real quick," Erica said, standing up.

"Oh, okay. Well, you ladies will be on stage in 5," Damien told us as he closed the door.

"I'm going to go see if Tina's ready. You know that girl is always running late," she said with a light laugh, walking past me.

"Baby, I hope you don't think I'm letting you get away that easily," I said, causing her to stop.

"Ki, there's nothing wrong I just miss you for real," she said, turning around.

"You sure that's all?"

"Yes, baby I'm sure. Stop worrying so much," Erica said, pecking my lips then walking out the door.

I don't think Erica telling me the truth, but I have learned from experience not to push her. She's not really one to talk about her feelings. Sometimes it hurts when she doesn't tell what's going on with her. Like she doesn't trust me or something. I don't know, maybe one day I'll ask her what made her like that. I'll be there to listen when she's ready, but for right now, It's time for me to hit the stage.