Her other hand is still connected with mine, and I pull her closer to me with one soft motion, my hand wrapping around the small of her back. Our bodies are less than an inch apart now, as I feel her soft breath shudder on my chest.

We both become panting messes, and I'm not sure if our breaths are out of control because of the sprinting we just did, the freezing rain crashing down, or if it's the proximity of us.

She looks at me through her soaked eyelashes, a sense of tiredness playing with her irises. With our bodies pressed together, and rain drizzling down my cheeks, I feel words blurting out of me quickly, "Promise you'll wake me up if you have a nightmare ever again."

The corners of her mouth twitch up and down in a blink of a second, before she playfully fires back, "Promise you'll teach me how to play the guitar properly."

The raindrops collect at her lips before sliding down on our connected chests. "I'm serious. Call me in the middle of the night, I really don't care." I retaliate, not being sure if she's taking me seriously.

"I'm serious as well. Teach me — good or bad, I don't fucking care." She raises her eyebrows, her skin becoming paler every second we spend under the piercing water.

Her chest rises up and down anxiously, as I lift my closed fist with only my 5th finger up, offering a pinkie promise. She cracks a smile — the genuine kind that makes her eyes glow — at my proffer. She raises up to her tiptoes to reach for a single disordered curl of mine, before combing it back to the rest with one gentle motion.

Her efforts are quickly washed down when the rain stubbornly situates the drenched piece of hair back on my forehead. In an instant, her laughter is back again. This time she shakes her head, her eyes roaming around my face. She glances down at my held-out pinkie, before grabbing my wrist, and pushing my hand back down to my side.

She leaves her hand resting on mine, as she's left me confused at the rejected action. She lets out another chuckle at my grimace, before sinking her teeth in her rosy lip.

And then, without a second thought... She crashes her lips against mine.

In an instant, it's like the rain doesn't make me cold anymore, and my clothes don't feel heavy when I feel her lips on mine again. Hell, the rain seems refreshing in this weather. With the sky falling down on us, this moment feels more than just a promise — it's something like an oath.

 With the sky falling down on us, this moment feels more than just a promise — it's something like an oath

My fingers have found their way into her soaked curls, as she smiles into the kiss. This allows me to find her bottom lip, caressing it with soft yet persevere pecks.

Yeah, there are definitely butterflies where my tattoo is.

Heavy pants get more intense with each raindrop, and my hand is so tight around her waist, while her nails have found the back of my neck, drawing random shapes I'm sure will leave red spots later. I keep drinking up the taste of her lips, which have a tinge of strawberry from her chapstick.