chapter 27

Amber Easton

Shit. Shit. Shit.

We just kissed.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I didn't hate it.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I definitely would've run as fast as I could the moment I got the inkling something like this was about to happen. Except... we're on a damn boat... and on vacation.

I'd promised myself I wasn't going to kiss anyone.

The worst part about this is the fact that I might've enjoyed it. Every single burning second of it.

It didn't mean anything, anyway. Right?

"Amber." Harry's voice brings me back to reality, and I suddenly feel my stomach doing cartwheels from the way my name rolled off his tongue so easily.

"Harry." I retort, quickly having the sense his belly did the same thing as mine just did.

I might've drunk one Margarita too much.

He clears his throat, a vibrant smile dancing on his cheeks. "So..." He starts, and I have to force myself to keep looking him in the eye, otherwise my sight involuntarily gets attached to his plump lips matching the shade of the pink sunset.

"Margaritas? Check." He lifts the three of his fingers, putting down one as he counts the things on the list I had mentioned I'd like to do on this vacation.

"Boat ride?" He glances around us, gesturing at the wooden watercraft we're still sitting atop of. "Big, hefty check." He grins, putting down his second finger, obviously proud we've made it this far in the water.

"And the most gorgeous, splendidly beautiful, and breathtaking sunset right here?" He stops for a moment, giving me a lopsided smile before drawing his tongue along his bottom lip.

He doesn't remove his sight from me at any moment, not even momentarily glancing at the pretty sunlit view behind me. "A downright check."

He folds his third finger. I want to kiss him so bad again.

"We've done everything you wanted on this trip. How about we cross some things off my bucket list?" His plump lips form the sentences.

"You've got a bucket list? Okay. Name something." I challenge, one corner of my mouth tugged up.

"Well..." He gives me quite a devilish grin, glancing down at my lips for a moment. "We just crossed off one of them."

"So what, I'm just a check on your list?" I tease, and he has to inspect my features for a moment to determine if I was joking or not. His worried frown gets wiped off his face the moment I can't contain my laughter anymore, letting it spill out of my chest wholeheartedly.

He watches as I unfold right in front of him, giving me his complete undivided attention.

"Dance with me, Amber."

I stop laughing.

"You're kidding." I speculate, earning a serious headshake from him.

"I'm not. It's seriously on my to-do list." He grins as I widen my eyes at his crazy idea.

"But we're on a damn boat! A-And there's no music," I awkwardly laugh, trying to find reasons to get out of this situation, as I'm sure we both left our phones at the beach house.

"So? That doesn't mean we can't dance," He retaliates, watching my doubtful features for a moment, then clearing his throat. "Excuse me. Let's try this again."