chapter 20

Amber Easton

Today's the release of Harry's first album. And he's hosting a party.

Usually, I'd be excited to attend, but the worry has been probing my mind the whole week.

Well, I haven't signed the record label yet.

I did go out for lunch with a music agent Josie Cameron from Interscope Records. She's the best. I mean, she even lets me call her Fifi. We talked everything through, and, honestly, I'd be an idiot to turn the deal down; which leaves me in a bit of a pickle.

"Ok, maybe wearing heels wasn't the brightest idea," Liv groans next to me, steering the way to 'Lotus'. Apparently, Harry rented out the whole club's VIP lounge.

"You were the one who insisted on it!" I laugh and check my appearance in the car's mirror before texting Sarah we've arrived.

I brought Olivia with me because, well, she needs to get loose a bit. Even though she doesn't show it as much, I can still see she's not doing well.

"Finally! It's freezing!" Sarah jumps when we pull up at the parking lot and get out of the fancy car.

"Sorry." I tuck a strand of my curls behind my ear. "Mitch... Sarah... Meet my best friend Olivia!" I introduce Liv to them both, and Sarah widens her eyes a bit once she's finally taken in who's standing next to me.

"Oh my god! As if I don't know who you are! I absolutely loved your acting in 'The Love I Need'. Amazing tv show. Seriously!" Sarah starts freaking out, and Liv starts giggling and thanking her. With a proud smile on my face, I catch up to them walking in the direction of the back entrance.

"Amber!" Sarah slightly raises her voice once she sees what's sitting in between my hands, "You got him a gift?"

"Yeah. What about it?" I tightly clutch the objects in my hands.

"Harry hates gifts. Seriously, I got him a guitar once and he literally got mad." Mitch explains, and I feel a lump form in my throat.

"Who doesn't like gi-" I try to finish my sentence but I get interrupted when a crowd of people surrounds us just a few feet from the back door.

Questions like "Amber! Amber! Is it true you and Harry have broken up? What are you doing here, then?" and "Sarah! Mitch! What are your opinions on the situation?" or "Olivia! Put the rumors to rest! Are they fighting? What upcoming movies can we see you in?" start filling the air and I'm quick to laugh all the assumptions away.

The flashes all continue until we all slip through a small crack of the door, being met with the purple shade of the club. While we walk to the lounge, I have to blink my eyes rapidly to get rid of the small stars spinning through my vision from the awful flashes.

I expected the lounge to be overly crowded, but there are only about 50 people here. I'm pretty sure I spotted Niall Horan and Ariana Grande around the huge bar.

"Glad you made it!" Harry squeezes through a crowd of people and exchanges his welcome with Mitch and Sarah but they two are gone before I can even catch them.

"Hi," he finally turns to me, and I can still feel his forest green eyes pierce through my soul even with the fluorescent lights brightening the dark and cloudy air between us.