xix. 𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗉𝖺𝗂𝗋

Start from the beginning

Paisley walks over to the car beside Layla, and she hits the redhead's hip with her door. “What the hell?”

“Oh, sorry. Didn't see you there.” Paisley climbs into her car just when Scott reaches her. “Today is not my day.”

“Uh, what was that about?”

“Nothing, just that Paisley hates me,” Layla says, turning to Scott. “Are you ready to go now?”

“Yeah.” The two climbs into the car and the McCall boy asks when he is all buckled up in his seat. “Why does she hate you?”

“She thinks I like Starr.”

“Do you?”

Layla raises a brow at the boy. “Not romantically. Paisley probably believes that I'm the reason Starr and her are always fighting, but it's really her who causes it all.”

“Stiles has told me he isn't exactly fond of her,” Scott says. Stiles had told him, it was the vibe she gave off that he didn't like about her.
“I totally understand, Stiles.”

Layla reverses out of the parking spot before driving out of the parking lot. The redhead glances over at Scott to see him staring out the window.
“Have you talked to Allison, yet?”

“Uh, yeah. We talked for a bit, but that's all. It wasn't actually going anywhere,” Scott informs the girl. Layla nods, focusing back on the road in front of her.

The car is filled with comfortable silence as the radio softly plays music.
Layla's house wasn't far from the school, but suddenly, it felt really far.

“Are your parents home?” Scott asks when they drive into the driveway. “No, they went to San Francisco for a week. Only Thea and I are home.”

“I haven't seen Thea at school in a while.”

“That's because she's sick. She has the flu. She'll probably be back to school before the formal Friday,” Layla tells him as they exit the car. “Oh.”
They walk towards the door and Layla opens it.

Scott looks around. He had been here a lot, but he hasn't actually taken in the interior of the house. Layla places her books on the table at the door.

“I'll quickly make us some snacks before we start,” Layla says, walks towards the kitchen. Scott follows the girl, and he takes in the kitchen. It's the first time he's set foot in the kitchen, and it was definitely bigger than he expected it to be.

Layla walks to the fridge, taking out the butter and bread.

“Layla, can I use your bathroom real quick?”

“Yeah, but use the one upstairs near my room. The one downstairs isn't working. I still have to call the plumber to come fix it,” Layla says. Her mom hadn't reminded her, so she has to do it now.

Scott nods and he walks upstairs. The boy looks down the two hallways. If he remembers correctly, Layla's room is the one at the end. He walks down the one hallway. He passes one of the rooms that's open but empty.

He walks towards the door, which he thinks is the bathroom. He opens it and his eyes immediately falls on the girl on the floor.

“Layla!” Scott yells out. He runs towards Thea, and he falls to his knees. Thea's face was swollen, and bloodied.

“Thea, hey. Wake up.”

He hears loud footsteps running down the hall, and he turns to the door when the redhead appears at it. Her eyes are wide.
“Thea!” She runs towards them. She looks at the girl's limp body. Her face was bruised up. Black eye, bruised cheek and swollen bloodied lips.