chapter 9, pic of arein

JAKE'S POV.

"How long until I can see her?" I was pacing the kitchen and anxious to see her. My mother watched me in pity, dad was just annoyed.

"When she is healthy enough." said the pack doctor, Rick, he had been working on her for 2 days and I haven't seen her since I brought her home.

"And when will that be?" I snarled at him. He didn't like obeying me and tried to annoy me as often as possible.

"Jake, calm down." my dad snapped.

I gave another soft snarl at Rick and continued pacing.

"Jeez, why are you so worked up? Its just a girl." my dad looked at me, and Robert nodded in agreement.

"She is my mate." I wanted to scream at him, but he was alpha, and my dad.

"She isn't wolf or human. She shouldn't be your mate." at least he said shouldn't, not couldn't.

"Arien and Alyxa aren't human or wolf." I pointed out.

"We have to talk about that." the dads looked at each other.

"I hope I can be part of the conversation. I have recently found its fun to go down with a fight." a quite voice commented from the door way.

Nala's hair hung down to her lower back and was soaking wet which made the dark brown curls appear black. A cast covered her left leg and another on her right arm. Her head was wrapped up with some bright pink vet wrap, as well her chest, which you could see through her white shirt. Stitches showed up on her right leg, left arm, neck and stomach. Bruises covered every inch of seeable skin.

She looked like she got in a fight.

Rick frowned and approached her. "What are you doing out of bed? How did you shower but not get the casts wet?" he fixed her head bandage, but shied slightly from Alyxa, who didn't show the hurt of it. She was a social, fun person and didn't like being avoided.

"Yea, well, I got bored. And these helpful nurses washed my gross hair. I haven't showed in 5 days, that's longer then I prefer." she gave a smile and let him fix her pink head gear.

He frowned and was going to say more, but I glared and dared him to. I took her hand off Arein's arm and transferred it to mine. "You look as beautiful as ever."

"Thanks, thought the bruises would color me up. The rest just adds to my gangster look. Is it working? Do I look tuff?" she tried to put a tuff look on her face, but she was to tired and in to much pain for it to successfully work. It did get a chuckle though.

"It works wonders." I lead her to the table and sat a plate full of chicken nuggets in front her. She started to devour it.

"So do we know what I am?" she asked after shoving some of the hot chicken in her mouth.

The adults looked at each other, they had no clue. "No, not really."

She shrugged. "Cool beans."

I smiled, then had to frown as a familiar, annoying, presence came to my mind just as I saw a flash of wavy blue hair.

Kiara walked in, "Hullo sexy." she purred and walked up to me. Not seeing Nala.

They caught sight of each other and kiara stopped, staring at her anger and surprise. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Eating, what's it look like I'm doing? Dancing?" Nala hissed. Wonder why she was upset, its not like she knew who Kiara was.

Kiara growled, then growled some more when Nala stood up and faced her. "You cant face down a wolf."

"Oh yea? And why would that be?" she was calm, but I felt her rising anger in me.