chapter 6

NALA'S POV

I absolutely love having my horse back. He was huge, black, powerful, and wild like only a stallion could be. He only let me ride him, but he let Arein brush him.

I was riding him in the forest, not on the trails, just out going wherever. I like to challenge Bucephalas, he had to be challenged, if he isn't kept busy he gets feisty. So I made him jump logs and walk in bogs and made it as difficult as possible. I saw a clearing ahead and was going to make him trot around it when he all of a sudden stopped in the middle and stared at the other side. His ears went back and he pawed the ground, lowering his head.

"What's wrong Bach?" I rubbed his shoulder. He just shook his head and snorted, and kept watching the bushes.

I tried to see what he saw but the light was fading and I only saw bushes. "It's a bush, come on, what could possible be in the bush?"

My question was soon answered when a pair of blue eyes opened, and another pair next to it. Then another, and more color of eyes opened. The first pair of eyes stepped into the clearing and I saw a wolf, a very big wolf. It was a deep black color that could almost be called blue or purple.

There were around 5 or 6 wolves, but I only watched the leader as he walked up staring at me. don't know why I called it a he, but I wanted to touch him. The others didn't matter, only he did.

I probably would of dismounted and walked over there if Bach hadn't reared up, warning the wolves back. It broke my trance and spun him on his hind legs, urging him into a gallop faster then I could blink. Only Bach can go from a stand still to full gallop, I have trained him to do this.

I didn't follow any trails, I knew where home was so I pointed him in that direction and we ran for it. The wolves weren't following us I am pretty sure, but I wasn't stopping to figure it out.

At the barn I had him jump the fence and into the stall. I slid off and was prepared to calm myself down when I realized I all ready calm, I didn't freak out the whole time. Now I just had to calm my horse down. Which I did by hosing him down and making him a warm mash and brushed him till his coat looked like gleaming ebony.

I put him in his stall and walked up to the house. I was now soaking wet because Bach likes to make sure I get wet when I am washing him, it amuses him I am sure. I snapped at anyone who got to close and glared at the rest. Everyone scurried out of my way, Arein's family knew my moods.

Getting my pajamas, a whale tank top and soft polka dot shorts, I went and took a 45 minute shower. Just because I could and because I don't take short showers.

Singing some Shakira I walked out and brushed my long hair, cursing at it the whole time, stupid curly hair, I am going to chop it all off one day and wear a wig.

"That's quite the strange tan you got there." a voice told me, coming from my bed.

I spun around and wielded my brush like a lethal weapon and screamed like a little girl who saw her first clown after watching chucky. "Holy cheese its! What are you doing? Get out of my room before I push you off the balcony!" I raised my voice to a pitch that can almost break glass.

Jake scrambled off my bed and raised his hands, my brush is a very threatening tool. "Easy now, I just came up to talk to you and to give you your new uniform. Your friends let me in." he spoke calmly, almost like I was crazy. Probably was.

"I all ready have a uniform. Why were you on my bed?" I didn't lower the brush.

"Not the new summer one you don't. and do you see any where else to sit?" before I could answer he dived underneath the bed just as the door opened and Alyxa and Arein came charging in, waving their brushes around.