6

George was captivated by Florida's natural beauty as he was taken sightseeing by Dream over the next couple of days. Dream proudly brought his friends around the city of Orlando, having them try things that they hadn't seen back home in Texas, for Sapnap, or the United Kingdom, for George. 

  Busy with his touring, the texts and phone calls to his girlfriend, Mia, were slowly disappearing- at least on his end. Mia would call him multiple times throughout the day and bombard him with texts, to which he would respond hours later with a short, one-worded text. It got to the point George even contemplated blocking her number, but decided against it when he realised what it would mean to their relationship. 

  Mia was George's first girlfriend and his first relationship. He didn't realise he had to constantly text her to keep her from worrying about him. He found it very exhausting and unnecessary. Couldn't she go a couple of days without speaking with him? 

  It didn't help that she would call him at the time she was comfortable with, even if it wasn't comfortable with George due to timezones, and expect him to respond right away. Was it bad that he was slowly losing interest in her? 

  After days of keeping these thoughts to himself, he decided to ask his two best friends what they thought of this situation at dinner. 

  "I don't want to break up with her but at this point, it seems like my only escape from her," George concluded after filling Dream and Sapnap on the whole situation. 

  His two best friends looked at each other, obviously unsure of what to say and uncomfortable given the situation, then back at him. 

  Dream was first to talk. 

  "I think you should talk to her and tell her how you feel. Honesty is very important in a relationship, especially if you want to keep the one you have with her," Dream replied, mustering as much honesty and sympathy as he could. 

  Truth be told, he was sort of relieved that George was having relationship issues. It would mean he could feel less guilty about still having romantic feelings for him. 

  "I think you should call it quits," Sapnap responded simply once George turned to him for his opinion. 

  Both Dream and George looked at him with a puzzled look. That was certainly not what they were expecting.

  "Look, George, I'm gonna be brutally honest, but, when I met Mia, I got bad vibes from her. She seemed a little too interested in getting to know me when you first introduced us and I'm not trying to insinuate anything but that is a huge red flag. Plus, why does she keep calling and texting you? Is it because she's insecure? Worried that you might not be loyal?" 

  "What?" George raised an eyebrow.

  He never thought Mia would do that to him. Who gave her the right to question George's loyalty when she tried to flirt with his best friend. Who would George even cheat on her with?

  As if right when he'd asked that question in his mind, his eyes fluttered over to Dream, who seemed rather intrigued by the empty plate in front of him. His worst fear was that he found Dream a little too good looking in real life and that worried George, scared him into thinking his feelings for Dream might return. 

  "You can't force yourself to be in a relationship if you're not happy in it or if there's no trust. There isn't a relationship if there's no trust," Sapnap added, placing his fork down as he looked between his two friends. "Still, this is your relationship George, it's your decision." 

  With that, George nodded slightly before returning to finishing his meal while a silent consent to drop the subject passed between the three. 

  Dream was hopeful and so thankful for Sapnap's honesty about the situation. He hated himself for it but, he was hoping George would consider breaking up with Mia. He finally saw hope that maybe, just maybe, George and he could be something- something more than friends.