3

Frustration. That was all Dream felt after his last call with George. He didn't even understand why he was frustrated- it all just seemed unfair. 

  He replayed their conversation over and over again in his head, struggling to figure out what he'd said that could have pissed George off, but he kept drawing a blank. Was it wrong for him to ask for closure?

  There was still a week till Sapnap arrived, so Dream distracted himself by cleaning his whole house, a light-hearted attempt at clearing his mind of all things that drew him back to George.

  It was futile - George practically lived in Dream's head.

  Dream even went grocery shopping so that at least there was something he could cook up at home. He had to at least try to get his eating habits back on track before Sapnap arrived.

  He thought of all the things he'd hidden from Sapnap, the one he'd known the longest. He hid his feelings for George until he eventually had an outburst. He hid the fact that he hadn't been keeping well since the fallout with George. 

  Sapnap reminded him of streaming, something he yearned to do.

  So that was exactly what he did. 

  "Hey, chat!" Dream called out excitedly once his stream started.

  The chat was going wild- people were concerned whether Dream was alright or not, and some were even mad at him for leaving without saying anything. 

  Dream sighed. This was a bad idea. The stress of having to hide the truth from his fans became overbearing. 

  "It's a chill stream, guys, just going to run around and maybe beat the game," he begins. "I will answer questions too; I know you have a lot of those." 

  Dream began by talking about how he was at the moment. While most of his fans were happy to have him back, there were still those few who wished he had just stayed away from streaming.

  "Sapnap and I are working on something, which was why I was busy," he lied, knowing this was the shittiest lie ever. 

  The chat erupted into cheers. He chuckled- he had them fooled.

  "It's IRL stuff, so it does require a lot of planning," he added, hoping it sounded more convincing. 

  Dream ran around his world in Minecraft until he eventually got bored. 

  "Log onto the DreamSMP," he read out a donation. 

  Dream contemplated this. He wasn't sure if this was a good idea; for all he knew, George could be there. Just like that, George's stupidly handsome face crept into Dream's mind again.

  He glanced at chat, noticing immediately how people bombarded him with questions about George. Shit. 

  "Guys, uh, George and I are fine," he panicked, heart-pounding aggressively in his chest. 

  "I'll log onto the SMP server," he gave in, switching to the server. 

  He spawned back exactly where he'd left off all those months ago- in front of George's house. 

  Of course, he thought, where else would I be?

  As his avatar walked around the server, he noticed the members' additions to it. Kinoko Kingdom had officially been built, Wilbur and Tommy had made a banana statue for Ranboo, Quackity, George, and Sapnap had built a tower, naming it 'Dream Team without Dream'. Seeing this, Dream's heart ached.

  He noticed nobody was on the server. 

  "Guys, let's do something fun," Dream chuckled deviously.