Levi x Pregnant!Reader

I Should Have Never Left

It is a painful and lonesome wait, but you decide to save the news until the Scouts get back from their expedition, and the look on your husband's face is well worth it. 

You can only imagine what Levi must have thought when Erwin had randomly pulled him aside and told him he was on forced leave, without providing a reason. 

Here he comes now. 

You hear the carriage pull to a stop outside the house. You hastily arrange yourself on in your sitting chair, wrapping the blanket just tight enough around you to hide your bump. Your feet involuntarily let out a few taps of excitement. You hear Levi's soft footsteps at the door now and you snatch up your mending, hurriedly humming a tune as you try to act normal. 

You hadn't even realized it was the same song that had played at your and Levi's wedding that you were humming now. 

There is the familiar squeak of the door as it opens (Levi had always sworn that he'd fix that door since it bothered him so much, but he'd been too busy to get around to it as of late). "Damn squeaky ass door..." You hear a familiar husky voice curse. You try to fight the grin off your face. Your heart is thumping in your chest excitedly. He has no idea what's coming. He's in for a big surprise!

You check to make sure that your blanket is loosely concealing the said surprise, pulling it up to your ribs just to be sure. 

"Y/n?" Levi calls, stepping out of his shoes by the door because all of the "damn mud". 

You try to keep the grin out of your voice. "I'm in the sitting room sweety!" 

Levi appears in the doorway. He is still dressed in his Survey Corps uniform, which you think is sexy... but not quite as sexy as his casual attire, when he chooses to truly be himself, a side of him that only you get to see. 

The soldier's whole-body sags when he sees you, and he is falling into your arms the next second. "Y/n..." Levi murmurs, wrapping his arms around your shoulders. He pulls away to look into your eyes. Everyone seemed to think Levi's eyes were cold and gray, just like the rest of him. But few people, who were actually able to get close, knew that they were actually the softest blue.

Those beautiful blue eyes stare into your own and you swear you'd never felt so loved.

"I missed you so fucking much, y/n..." Levi whispers. He gently kisses your lips, cupping your jaw tenderly with rough, calloused hands. His eyes turn serious, and he stares at you intensely, holding your face in his hands. "I missed you every fucking minute I was out there." 

"Levi." You smile, tucking your face into his shoulder so that he doesn't see the blush making its way onto your cheeks. Despite being married for three years already, and knowing each other far longer, this man still had the ability to make you blush and giggle like a lovestruck child. "I missed you too."

Your husband presses an innocent kiss to the junction of your jaw and your neck, and you giggle. "What had you come back so soon though?" You ask, trying to keep the mischievousness out of your voice because you knew why. 

Levi pulls back to stand and shakes his head. "Shitty Erwin put me on forced leave, won't even tell me why." Levi scoffs, and you try your best to look troubled by his news but instead you can only smile like an idiot. 

Your face catches Levi's eye because he looks at you. Then his ever-present scowl morphs into a wild grin like the love drunk fool he is. "I love you so fucking much you weirdo." He grins. 

You blink up at your husband innocently and say, "But I'm your weirdo." 

Levi shakes his head and bends forward to press a soft kiss to your forehead. "Damn straight baby girl." He murmurs against your skin. You laugh. His touch lingers, but with excessive effort he pries himself off of you. Levi shrugs off his jacket, staring earnestly at you. "Let me change out of these clothes then I'll cuddle you and whatever else you want for the rest of the day."