Chapter 27. Foolish Humans

Start from the beginning

"Look at me, Lucilline." Azalea stated. The white-haired male lead used to converse in a soft and soothing voice—suitable for lullabies. However, this time, his voice was serious, with not a single fluctuation within the wavelengths. He wasn't asking the black-haired nobleman to look at him. He was ordering him.

Lucilline could feel the shift in his tone.

Slowly, his head lifted upwards—

All of a sudden, a pair of two warm hands had cupped onto his cheeks. Alarmed, Lucilline tried to shrink out from the hold, but his face was immediately pulled to merely centimetres away from the male lead's face.

Lucilline was stunned.

To be frank, Azalea also had no idea what he was doing.

However, every single instinct inside of him was roaring at himself to cheer up his best friend. The white-haired teenage boy stared deep into Lucilline's golden jewelled eyes. They were truly a treasure. At times, Azalea just wanted to continue staring into them, wondering what kind of twinkle or spark they'd give off.

"Don't blame yourself for something you had no control of." Azalea's voice was magnetic, and brought shivers to the black-haired nobleman's spine.

For some odd reason, Lucilline felt his legs going weak.

His cheeks felt really warm—perhaps it was because the male lead's hands were warming them up—or maybe it was something else.

"I'm really happy that Lucilline cares for me though. You're always so shameless and saying nonsense. It's difficult to decipher what your true meaning is. Now that you're so vocally worried about me, I must admit that I am pleased. To have Lucilline worry for me again, I could sacrifice my life a hundred more times." Azalea smiled.

He was like a swan, gently swimming across peaceful surfaces of ponds. His white feathers ruffled in the wind, and brushing strokes of currents in the body of water.

Lucilline was mesmerized. He did not register the words that the male lead spoke until after a few minutes of staring—

"Enough!" Percival panicked.

He pulled Lucilline by the arm, dragging the latter away from the white-haired teenager's grasp. "Student Azalea," Percival was seething vinegar deep inside. "Please remember your manners. It is not right to be next to Lucilline at such a close distance."

Azalea recovered from his stupor.

He turned to look at Percival, who had thrown his entire body at Lucilline's arm, "..." Noblemen are really a bunch of hypocrites.

"Ahem," Lucilline coughed, "Azalea, next time, don't grab my face so harshly. What if you leave a mark?"

Percival: ???
Azalea: !!!

The white-haired nobleman came back to himself. He remembered the bold act he dared to display—touching Lucilline's face and looking at him from such a close distance!

He vividly remembered the feeling of soft skin brushing his palms.

Just thinking about it made his heart tingle from embarrassment. Azalea wanted to run a whole marathon from his bashfulness. I'm so done for!

All of a sudden, he stopped in his tracks.

Lucilline wore a concerned face. It was as if he was saying, "I don't care if you grab my face. But if you're going to grab my face, at least do it softly. Why be so harsh?"

Little did he know, Azalea had hit right on the spot.

The male lead's face darkened. Despair arrived so fast, he could barely adjust. Lucilline isn't even flustered at all..! Was he just overthinking things?