1| You are a terrible partner in crime

Fair warning there will be plenty of swearing in this book because let's be real they're college students, it would be weird if they didn't swear.

Hayden

"How's that boyfriend of yours been?" My coach asks as I pack up my bag.

"Good, we actually have plans to meet up tomorrow after the game," I reply smiling.

"That sounds nice, as long you keep your head in the game tomorrow. No distractions," He says sternly.

"Please," I laugh, "You know nothing can distract me once I'm in the zone."

"Yes, but I'm still going to remind you every time. You know what I think,"

"I know I know, you don't like him but he makes me happy and he understands how important volleyball is to me." Coach Roberts has always been like a second dad to me so I get these dad lectures weekly, sometimes even daily.

"It's not that I don't like him I just don't trust him," I frown.

"Of course, you don't trust him because you're like an overbearing dad." He just shakes his head and tells me to head home.

On my walk back to my apartment I can't help but think about what he said. It isn't the first time he's expressed his dislike for Eric but I just don't understand it. He's the first person I felt I was able to trust fully in a relationship in a while. I try to push those thoughts out of my head as I enter my apartment. It's empty meaning that no one is home or they are already asleep. I quietly get ready for bed and drift off to sleep pondering what coach Roberts had said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I seriously consider dropping out of college. Right now is one of those times. My professor keeps raving about this new project we are starting and how this brilliant idea came to him in a dream. He's always been a little bit crazy but today he is pushing the limits of what can be deemed sane. I was hoping that being an English major meant that I could be in the library and the English hall all of the time but sadly that is not the case. I still have other requirements to fill, something about having a well-rounded education. So here I am, sitting in my human sciences class, wishing I was anywhere else. Like literally anywhere else, especially my bed. What I would give for a nap right now...

"Miss, Williams, am I boring you?" Professor Andrews asks, successfully breaking me out of my thoughts.

"No, sir," I respond looking down at my notes while resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"Good, none as I was saying..." He continues until the class ends. I have to resist the urge to sprint out when he dismisses us. Freedom at last! Instead, I calmly pack up my iPad and notebook and pull my bag over my shoulder. I walk out of the lecture hall and towards the entrance of the building. It's a pretty slow day on campus so there aren't too many people trying to get through so I exit rather quickly. My phone rings when I'm halfway down the steps of the science building. Looking down at my phone a smile begins to spread across my face.