Richard folded his arms as he watched their drama. He looked at Rebecca and wondered what was happening in her mind. When she looked in his direction, she saw him looking at her. He quickly looked away pretending to be looking at something else.
"Can we please go back?" Rebecca asked.
"Is okay, we can go back," Amira replied.
"Richard," Alice called.

"Yes!" He answered.
"Can we go back to the party?" She asked.
"I don't think I can," Richard replied.
"Why not? She already said she is sorry," Amira announced.
"I would love to, but I wasn't really here for the party. I was here to see Prof. Grace," Richard replied.
"That sounds like an excuse to me," Alice said.
"No it's not. I will be here tomorrow, right now I have something to do," Richard said and walked away.

"Looks like he's still mad at you," Alice said to Rebecca.
"Yes it seems so," Rebecca replied.
"We know how to handle him if he comes tomorrow," Alice said.
"Actually, I will be very busy tomorrow. You know I'm a medical student, our studies start tomorrow, things are going to be really tough for me," Rebecca explained.
"Come on Rebecca, it's just one day. You can send a report to school pretending you are sick, then we will use that time to have some real fun," Amirah said.
"Okay, if you insist," Rebecca agreed.

They walked back into the house. Instead of taking them to the guest quarter, Rebecca headed to her room with them.
"Hey, is everything alright?" Prof. Grace asked when she noticed them coming into the living room with their luggage.
"Everything is fine, I just decided we will all live in the same room," Rebecca said.
"That's better, I hope you will make them enjoy their stay here."
"I will," Rebecca smiled.

As they walked into the room, Alice and Amira were wowed by it.
"You really are a Princess, Rebecca," Amirah said excitedly.
"Look at this bed," Alice said and she jumped onto the bed.
"And look at all these shoes and clothes" Amirah said as she opened the closet.
"You can pick any of them," Rebecca smiled.
"I'm good actually," Amira  replied.
"Hey, have you forgotten that you are running a party?" Alice asked.
"Don't worry about it," Rebecca said.
"No, we are good here. You really have to go so they won't blame us for taking you away," Amira said.

                                 ***
By the time Richard got back to his room, it was already dark. He found everyone present in the room.
"Where have you been?" Thomas asked.
"I have been at Prof. Grace place," he replied.
"Oh I totally forgot about that," Thomas replied.
"So, how did the event go?" Richard asked.
"It was awesome, I was able to meet a girl," Thomas replied.
"Was your sister present when you approached the girl?" Richard asked.
"Of course she was present, she can't do anything about it," Thomas laughed.
"We are even going out tonight," he added.
"That's really quick, what kind of a girl gives herself so easily like that?" Richard asked. "She seems so cheap to me," he continued.
"That's what you are thinking, but I think she is actually amazing," Thomas replied.

Richard proceeded to his bed and sat down.
"You don't seem okay, how was your meeting with Prof. Grace?" Achuba asked.
"It was okay," Richard replied.
"Are you really sure?" Achuba asked.
"Yes, she wasn't as mad at me as I expected," Richard replied.
"She even suggested that I should go to her place and stay," he added.

"Really? What did you say to her?" Achuba asked.
"I told her that you guys will not like it if I leave," Richard replied.
"You could have accepted her offer, it will give you the chance to see Rebecca every day and perhaps make her fall in love with you again," Thomas said.
"He is right, you know, being close to her will give you more chances," Achuba supported.
"I have already decided," Richard responded.
"You could have told us before you decided," Thomas complained.
"It's alright, if we are meant to be together, she will like me even if I live a thousand  miles away from her," Richard said.
"You are right," Achuba agreed.