Chapter 2

Leorio walked into an empty apartment. He was used to no goodbyes, but each time it stung more. Shouldn't Kurapika have shown more affection after they shared their feelings? He felt colder, more distant. Did he lose feelings? Did Leorio ruin their relationship. A million thoughts raced inside Leorio's mind. Why am I like this? Why did I ruin our relationship? Why did I have to love him? Why, why, why?!

I returned to my room and sat on the bed. My eyes glanced over to the picture of me, Gon, Killua, and Kurapika. I the day we took that like it was yesterday. It was one of the few times Kurapika ever smiled. I loved seeing his smile, because I knew it stemmed from pure joy. His face lit up whenever he smiled. I could see the happiness in his eyes. He looked so beautiful and I wished he was here now. My sunshine.

It's been 5 months since Kurapika has left. I miss him more and more each day. I've been distracting myself with work and alcohol. Not too much, though. I could never put that burden on Kurapika. I didn't want him to have to take care of me like I had to do with my father. As I sat at the table going over my notes, I hear the door open. Kurapika entered with blood all over him. It was caked in his hair, splattered across his face, and stained onto his clothes. He was sweaty and dirty. He would've fallen over if I hadn't caught him.

"Kurapika, what happened? Is this your blood?" I asked in concern.
"Yes and no. Most of it is Chrollo's blood." He replied weakly.
"Oh. Come on, let's draw a bath."
"I'm fine, Leorio."
"You almost fell down when you walked through the door. You're weak and might have wounds."
"God- ugh. Whatever."
I carried him over to the bed and examined him for wounds. He had a couple minor cuts and bruises, except for one large gash across his side. It wasn't dangerously deep, but it wasn't superficial. I grabbed my antiseptic and poured it on a cotton ball.
"This might sting a bit."
"Oh o- DAMN!"
"I'm sorry, I'll be gentle."
"It's ok. Thank you."
"The bath is ready."
"Leorio, I really don't need you to bathe me."
"Hush, I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for me."
"Huh? Oh no-"
"Not like that, you pervert. It'd be on my conscience if I didn't help you."
"Oh.."

I poured water over his hair and started scrubbing it with shampoo. Kurapika started relaxing and closed his eyes. He reminisced over his memories with Leorio. He remembered when they would swim together at the beach with Gon and Killua. He remembered when they had a picnic at the park. He remembered when he slept in the same bed as
Leorio. He remembered feeling Leorio's warm body against his as he held Leorio in his arms.

Leorio rinsed his hair again and started washing his body. He tried hard not to make Kurapika uncomfortable. He knew Kurapika was much too exhausted to take care of himself.

"Lift us your arms please." Leorio requested.
"Thank you, I appreciate this." Kurapika replied as he lifted his arms up.
"Anytime."
Leorio used the washcloth to scrub his body and kept doing this until he was finished. Honestly, he felt awk2ard washing Kurapika's extremities. He didn't want to make Kurapika uncomfortable.
"You can wash the rest."
"Ok. Again, thank you."
"You're welcome, sunshi-"
"It's ok, I really do like that name."

Kurapika smiled softly as Leorio left the bathroom to grab a towel. Kurapika finished washing his body and lay in wait for Leorio. He felt the water envelop him and succumbed to the feeling. At this moment, he was so relaxed. He was in a state of pure bliss. He enjoyed baths, but rarely had the time for them. He loved the feeling. It reminded him of the days he would swim in the lake with Pairo and bask in the sun after. During his reminiscing, Leorio interrupted his thoughts.

"Hey, I brought a towel. Are you ready?" He said behind the door.
"Yes, just give me a minute please."
"Sure thing." He said as he cracked the door to hand the towel to me.

I got up and wrapped the towel around me. I looked at myself in the mirror. I wasn't quite sure if I liked what I saw. I'd never been too self-conscious about my appearance, but I never knew if I liked it either. I examined my face. My eyes " out the cuts and bruises across my face and body. I washed my face with water and cleanser. I dried my body off and put a pair of sweatpants on. I decided not to wear a shirt because Leorio said he needed to bandage my cut.

"Hey, I'm ready for you to bandage my wound."
"Ok, I'm coming.
He walked in with a roll of gauze. Leorio saw Kurapika's shirtless body and his eyes scanned it. He hadn't seen Kurapika shirtless many times. He thought he looked amazing. Leorio loved seeing Kurapika's body, not in a sexual way. He just thought it was so beautiful. He thought everything about Kurapika was beautiful.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"What do you mean?" I say as I snap out of my trance.
"Never mind."
He started wrapping my gash with gauze. Whenever I winced in pain, he would always apologize.

"It's not your fault."
"I know. I just don't prefer it when my patients are in pain."
"Your patients?"
"Never mind."
Kurapika chuckled softly. He always found Leorio's odd little comments amusing.

Kurapika had an unusual feeling sweep over him. He wanted to kiss Leorio. And without thinking, he acted on it.
He cupped his hands on Leorio's face and pulled him into a soft kiss. Leorio moved his body closer and put his hands on Kurapika's waist. He went deeper into the kiss until they were both out of breath. Kurapika pulled away, leaving a string of saliva connecting their mouths. Leorio quickly kissed him again, this time it was more passionate. It was sloppy. Their tongues in each other's mouths and their hands on each other's face. Leorio started kissing Kurapika's neck and rubbing his hand across Kurapika's thigh. Kurapika pulled away before anything else happened.

"I'm sorry, I'm enjoying this. I just don't want to go any further."
"It's ok, I understand."
"Let's just read and go to bed, ok?"
"Sounds good."
"Can I sleep in your bed tonight?"
"Yes, I'd like that."

That night, they read and fell asleep in each other's arms once again.