Chapter Eighteen

"Don't get your hopes up." The surgeon said as soon as Draken got rushed to the operation room .

You held your trembling hands. Your whole world was about to crash as you heard what the doctor said.

Your eyes are dumbstruck, forgetting to blink because of the shock. This situation is very unexpected.

Everybody was dead silent.

And here you are, trying to settle your messed up mind.

Trying not run away from this place. Who'd love to come back here? Even the smell of medicines are disgusting.

You promised yourself not to bring someone you love in here again.

You promised to protect them.

What's not clicking? Why do you always ends up coming here over and over again ?

"Y/N-chan .." Emma called you with her teary eyes. You immediately opened your arms as you pulled her into a hug.

Patting her hair gently ; comforting her that everything is going to be fine. And Draken would surely survive.

"I'm so scared, y/n, what if ken will not make--" you hushed her , and stared right into her eyes.

"He wouldn't dare leave us, Emma. I will not forgive him . "

Hearing loud footsteps , it seems that the other members came to check the situation.

"HOW'S DRAKEN?" Then you saw Mitsuya arriving with Peh "Is draken okay?"

He never looked that guilty before. He couldn't even meet your eyes. You already knew what he did and he had his reasons but that doesn't mean you would tolerate it.

"Nope, but he'll be okay." You replied, eyes stayed calm and firm.

No matter what, you'll put his trust on him. Despite your wavering thoughts and endless what ifs.

He's the kind of person who wouldn't disappoint you, you know?

As soon as the doctor said the operation was a success. When everyone was busy celebrating it, you silently left the place as tears started to flow down from your eyes.

No one noticed it since they're too happy. You don't want them to see you crashing down so you turned your back on them and you went to the back side of the hospital, where you spotted no one..

Or so, you thought.

Tears of joy went down on your cheeks, you covered your eyes as you let out a quiet sobs.

Takemichi saw you crying there for minutes now. He could feel his heart crushing just by hearing his friend's silent screams. He wanted to comfort you but stopped himself. Your friend knew you wanted some space. So he stayed, just so you wouldn't be crying there all alone. Even without you knowing.

He heard your steps coming so he ran faster than flash. 'damn i just let my guard down!' he's afraid you might punch him or something if ever you caught him watching you cry so yes, the boy is afraid of you.

"Wtf is that a ghost or something?" You asked yourself, sniffling. You used your handkerchief by the way.

You just saw a silhouette of a man watching you a while ago and now that you approached him, he disappeared.

You felt chills on your spine so you immediately went up, where Draken's room is; to check if he's sleeping just fine and also, to keep him from getting killed again. Who knows if that bastard will look for him and stabbed him again.

Hearing your heart beating faster, how excited you are to see him again so you grin widely, and was about to enter his hospital room unannounced.

But then you stopped..

"Please live for me, Draken." You watched Emma with her tiny sobs on the other side of the door.

The tall man then patted her head and smiled, "You think I'll leave you, emma?"

How you wish that his smile was meant for you. You chuckled. Turning your attention away from them.

It feels like your chest was stabbed by millions of knives. Why am I acting this way? You placed your hand on your torn heart.

Why am hurting when I'm supposed to cheer and support my friends? They're finally sailing. I should be happy..

You walked away from the scene. Leaving the place with guiltiness. Realization hits you - Your role was a supporting character and a supportive friend in their romance novel in the first place.

Why are you acting like the main character?

On the way of riding into your motorcycle, your phone beep. As you pick it up, Draken's call number flashed on the screen.

Seconds passed of debating whether you'll accept it or reject it. In the end, you picked it up.

"Where are you?" his voice was deep. So deep. Really deep. Enticingly deep. You can't help but feel those annoying insects in your stomach.

Insects because it's unrequited, so you pertain those as insects, not butterflies.

"I'm going to the convenience store for my part time job, " You acted on your usual self but you wanted to die internally, "Why?"

"Nothing. I'm hanging up."

Before you could say anything, he already hang up making your blood boils. How dare he hang up first? What the fck is wrong with this tower of a human?