3. You Had One Job, Steve

Start from the beginning

Back in 2012, after the Avengers had first assembled, Amara noticed a huge lack of general knowledge that Steve had missed out on during his century in a freezer. So after the battle, she approached the Captain himself and offered him a proposal: every week on a Tuesday, she would aim to try and catch him up on current technology and pop culture. Steve was grateful but insisted that he wanted to do something for her in return, so they both agreed on teaching each other the ins and outs of their respective generations.

It had been their ongoing 'thing' for just over 5 years now, during which, a bond has formed between them. They didn't feel 'friends' gave off the depth of their relationship, and Steve was far too old to be referred to as her brother (and friends with her dad too), so they settled on a 'caring uncle' figure.

"I mean, I one hundred per cent understand if you don't want to carry on anymore, I mean we had a good 5 years running, and I guess you want to do other things, and I don't want to make you feel like you have to take care of me, cause I'll be fine-" Steve began to feel slightly upset at the prospect of his first friend from the 21st century moving on from their friendship.

That was until Amara piped up, "No Steve! That's our thing, we have to carry on! It will just have to officially start when I get home from school. I'll just make sure to get home extra fast on Tuesdays. We'll make it work."

Steve smiled. "Thanks, kiddo. Love you."

"Love you too, Stevie!" They both laughed at Amara's nickname for him, standing up to give each other a hug in the process.

"You know we're all gonna miss you, right? Even Clint, no matter how hard he tries to ignore it."

"I'll miss all of you guys too."

They then proceeded to walk out the room, linking arms and walking to where the other Avengers were waiting.

—————

Waiting for Amara in the kitchen, was a small banner hung above the island, which said "Congrats kid!" and sitting on the countertop was a small cake on a plate, the Avengers surrounding it - save for Steve who was still stood next to her. They huddled together, speaking in a low whisper.

Amara spoke up, "Um, guys?"

They all turned to look at her but her father was the first to speak up, "Hey kiddo! Uh" - he signalled to the banner and cake around - "this would have been a whole lot better if Rogers had given us a warning before you waltzed right into the room like he was supposed to," he gave Steve a look that said seriously, Rogers! You had one job!

"You're all enhanced individuals. It is not my fault that you can't detect two people practically running down the stairs," Steve fired back.

Amara laughed and said, "Thanks, guys! This is awesome, but I hope you're not expecting this for every one of your missions, now, because that's gonna be a pain in the ass."

Fits of small laughter filled the room until Natasha said, "But seriously, kid, we'll miss you."

Clint spoke up, "I, for one, have no idea why this is being made into such a huge deal. I mean aren't you still staying at the tower anyway?"

Amara rolled her eyes along with all the others, but she knew that this was the way that Clint liked to show his love. "Love you too, birdbrain."