eight

31st of October, Tuesday, 1978

(Hearts Don't Break Around Here//Ed Sheeran)

The Order of the Phoenix was a revolutionary group of people, fighting hard against the tyranny of blood supremacists. Every single one of them were badasses.

But that didn't stop the marauders from whining over not getting to go on missions.

Apart from their first meeting, every order gathering had taken place in Russo Mansion.

It was the first time Andrea had been back to the house since her parents passed, and she could feel them in every single room. Instead of feeling sad over it, though, she decided to feel proud about it. 

She could picture her parents being proud of her and supporting the new use of their home; Headquarters to a rebellion organization.

Andrea kept bouncing her leg up and down under the table, feeling restless.

McGonagall had been casting hesitant glances down the table all through their meeting, not trusting the marauders one bit. Every time she met her eye, Andrea just sent her the sweetest smile she could, trying to scare her.

It seemed they had traumatized their professor over the years, and McGonagall did not seem best pleased that she was forced to sit through a meeting with the marauders on the morning of Halloween.

Even better, the marauders had agreed not to do anything during the meeting, so McGonagall looked like the irrationally paranoid one.

The decision not to place any pranks had come because of the same reason none of them had been on any missions yet. 

Because they didn't want to prove Dumbledore or Mad-Eye Moody's point about them being too young and immature.

"Thank you all for coming here on such short notice and I'll see you all again very soon. I think it's about time we leave because Minerva has been clenching for the past hour and I fear her heart might give out."

All the former Hogwarts students tried to swallow their laughter as McGonagall shot a suspicious scowl at Sirius Black. "I'm leaving now and I feel it necessary to remind you that non-students are no longer allowed to visit Hogwarts," she warned pointedly. 

To their dismay, this was a new rule in place because of how fucked up the world had become. And Hogwarts was trying its best to keep its students safe.

All the marauders raised their hands innocently in surrender. "Relax, Minnie. We don't do that stuff anymore," Remus smirked at her.

McGonagall rolled her eyes at the pathetic lie and hurried off with Dumbledore, the two returning to Hogwarts together.

Andrea walked up to Sirius as the group dispersed but he pointedly turned his back to her. Andrea raised an eyebrow. "Really? You still gonna pout about it?" she sniggered.

Sirius let out a huff and kept his face away from her. Andrea turned to the suspicious-looking James next to her. "Prongs, please tell Padfoot here that I won't hit him with a new prank until after he's retaliated."

James went to repeat that to Sirius but was interrupted. "James, tell your devil-spawn girlfriend that messing with my shampoo is not a funny little prank. It is an act of war."

Andrea rolled her eyes.

Since their Halloween prank tradition started, the Marauders had always targeted other Hogwarts students as their victims. But with them leaving school, they had to get creative in another way.

So Andrea decided on her own that they should start pranking each other, now that they didn't have access to other people as easily.

One might say breaking into Remus and Sirius' apartment was overkill, but she found it hilarious.