Chan-Yeol

I was skipping out of school, heading to the bus to get home. I didn't have very many friends, but I was fine with it. My older brother Dong-Hyun was my best friend. Once I got on the bus, the kids didn't let me sit near them so I sat near the front with the bus driver like usual.

At home, my brother was up in his studio practicing. I wanted to practice with him, but he never let me in there with him.

"Mom, why can't I hang out with Dong-Hyun?"

"He's busy practicing, you can hang with him after we eat dinner"

I pouted as I went to my room and sat on my floor, turning on my favorite show. I wish Dong-Hyun spent more time with me.

~~~

"Ma told me that there was an audition at Pledis coming up. She's allowing me to stay with her so I can do it"

"Are you sure this is what you want?"

"Yes, eomma. I really, really want to go back to Korea"

I didn't understand a thing. My older brother spoke in Korean a lot now for some reason, but I didn't mind. My mom seemed a bit upset, but eventually nodded at what he said. I wonder what they are talking about.

~~~

My brother left for Korea. He didn't say goodbye to us since he left during the night. I cried all day. I didn't go to school because of how puffy my eyes were. My parents were both upset at him leaving. I didn't understand why he left, I thought he enjoyed being here with his family. I thought he enjoyed being my brother.

~~~

My parents watched a lot of the shows my brother made an appearance in and constantly played his groups music. After watching my brother on stage, I really wanted to grow up like him so I started to learn Korean. I couldn't speak any of it except Hello, but I could read it and I started to practice music in my own time. Too bad Dong-Hyun took the studio key with him to Korea.

~~~

Dong-Hyun returned home! My brother and parents called it a hiatus from activities, but I didn't care. I was just with my brother again.

"Okay Chan. Get ready to hit the ball" My brother said as he wound up his arm and got ready to throw it at me.

"Bring it!"

He threw the ball at me and I hit it with a bat. Since I had weak arms it didn't go far, but it went far enough to knock a hole in the wall. I could see my brother start panicking as he hurried to hide the hole.

I stood idly as he told me everything would be fine and I wouldn't get caught. I gave a small nod as we hit the bat and ball and quickly ran to my room. I missed him so much.

~~~

After he returned to his group, I got the key to his studio. I was there everyday, I enjoyed dancing around and singing. I even did covers of his songs. I know that if he was here, he would be proud of me.

He told me that when I become old enough, he'll help me earn a spot in his company.

~~~

I had turned 13 not that long ago and now my brother is trying to recruit for a new survival show happening in January of 2026. I was super excited, I had been learning Korean a lot and had been practicing so much.

"Mom, so can I go to Korea with Dong-Hyun?"

"Of course. Just please be extremely careful."

Dong-Hyun had bought a ticket for me already, so all I needed to do was pack and head to Korea

~~~

In the studio, everyone was stunned by me a lot. I had a baby face and was pretty short compared to the others.