45. Doubts and World Cup Arrival

Começar do início

"You didn't fool yourself into anything, you deserve this and more. Wherever you've been, whatever you've done, it doesn't determine how the rest of your life should be lived. You're a child and what you deserve is a safe, loving, environment with people who care about you and that's all we want to give you. No ulterior motives, with nothing in return. You're family now love, and family takes care of family." He explained holding my hand with a smile which I weakly returned before letting go of his hand and standing up.

"What if I slip up? What if I accidentally force someone to do something? I don't want to be that again. I don't want to hurt people." I said sadly looking from him to my bags.

"What's going on in here? It's 3 in the morning." Molly said entering the kitchen and Charlie an I shared a look before I turned to her.

"I think I should go." I mumbled and she looked at me confused.

"What on earth for? Has something happened? Are you hurt? Did those idiots at the Prophet say something, because you know that's just rubbish anyway-"

"No no nothing like that. I just, I feel it would be better for everyone if I left." I shrugged cutting off her rambled questions. I quickly grabbed the three trays of cinnamon rolls out of the oven and put them on the rack to cool.

"Persefoni, sweetheart what gave you an idea like that?" She asked softly an I shrugged not making eye contact with her.

"The articles I suppose. It's just, what people are saying isn't really that far off. I am dangerous and I was an assassin, I shouldn't be allowed in Hogwarts." I explained putting homemade icing on the cinnamon rolls as she and Charlie helped with the other two trays, moving in complete sync with me.

"You aren't dangerous. Who cares what the news says, they're only focused on the bad, and apparently so are you. Have you forgotten that you're an Avenger? That you're a hero? You saved the world two years ago, if anything they should be celebrating you." She exclaimed after a moment of silence and Charlie let out a sound of agreement as I walked over to the door to grab my backpack.

"Persefoni Yelena Romanoff, do not walk out that door. It is the middle of the night, who knows what could happen. If you truly wish to leave I will take you wherever you want to go in the morning. But right now you are going to go back upstairs and you are going back to bed." Molly whisper yelled with her hands on her hips an I nodded dropping my bag at my feet with a sigh.

"You guys really don't think I'm dangerous?" I asked hopefully and she walked towards me shaking her head as she held her hands out to me so I hesitantly grabbed them.

"Look me in my eyes." She instructed but I immediately shook my head pulling my hands out of her grip.

"Molly my powers, I-"

"I know dear." She said softly with a smile as she put her hand on my cheek, lifting my head up so we made eye contact. She didn't move her hand from my cheek an I felt myself relaxing under her touch.

"I trust you completely. I know you aren't dangerous. You will always have a place in this house. You are apart of this family now. You don't have to run away anymore. You are loved and appreciated here." She said looking straight into my eyes an I felt myself tear up when she slowly pulled me in for a hug. I quickly melted into her touch as harsh sobs shook throughout my body.

"You are not alone in this world dear. Not anymore, not ever again." She added softly as she held a hand against the back of my head while the other softly rubbed my back.

"I'm gonna take your stuff back upstairs." Charlie said an I nodded.

"Okay." I mumbled with a teary smile.