F I F T Y - T W O

Start from the beginning

  "What the fuck Car!" Damon seethed cradling his now throbbing nose with one hand, raising the other ready to return the punch.

  He didn't get far; before anything could escalate any further, Zac's angered voice filled the now deadly silent room.

  "Everyone, sit the fuck down!" Zac was breathing heavily though his nose, his hands clenched into firm fists. "ADESSO!" He yelled, his voice cold causing everyone in the room to flinch.

  Callan pulled Carter from Damon, Antonio doing the same to Damon, as the remaining members of the Lombardi family took their seats.

  "Is this a bad time?" A nervous voice called out from the entrance of the dinning room, gaining everyone's attention.

  Enzo awkwardly stood at the doorway, nervously bitting the nails on his left hand, his grey eyes widened in shock as he stared at the scene before him.

  "Enz, wait up in my room and take Sof with you." Callan replied to his best friend.

  Sofia placed a hand on Callan's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze as she made her way towards Enzo. The latter sending Callan a mere nod, quickly exiting the tension filled room.

  "Why the fuck did you hit me!?" Damon whined, now holding a frozen bag of peas to his throbbing face.

  "Damon." Elijah warned, narrowing his eyes at his younger cousin— silently telling him; now is not the time.

"No Eli, let him talk." Zac voiced calmly, focusing his gaze on his younger cousin. "You want to know why Carter hit you Damon?"

Damon nodded weakly at his cousin, his hands trembling slightly as he took in the slow burning fury of Zac's eyes.

"Why do you think?" Zac questioned, raising an eyebrow at the near cowering boy.

"Um... I don't know?" Damon responded, confused by Zac's words.

"You don't know." He mocked. His lips curled into a near snarl.

"Zac, that's enough. This is ridiculous, Leo was—"

"Leo done nothing wrong, Uncle Adamo." Zac cut him off. His brother was not the cause of these issues. "Damon was out of order, he had no right to speak of Leo in that manner, hence why he's now sporting a bloody nose. There's a few others who also deserve one."

Adamo scoffed at his nephew. "Nothing wrong? Of course you'd take his side. He was blatantly being rude! Ales was right, he's barley spoken to us since we've been here."

"Since you've been here? You've been here for less than twenty four fucking hours." Carter laughed humourlessly. "He's barely spoken to us in years you stupid fuck."

"Carter." Callan warned, as much as he agreed with his brother— they'd been raised to show respect, and calling your Uncle a stupid fuck was the opposite of that.

"Don't Carter me. You clearly agree with me, as do the rest of you." Carter exclaimed, pointing to each of his brothers.

"Don't disrespect me Carter." Adamo warned.

Carter scoffed at his uncle, standing up from his seat flipping Adamo off in the process as he made his way to the exit.