Chapter 2

Jennie rolled her eyes, she considered asking her what she may have asked, but then thought to herself, why does she care. She locked her phone, pushed it into her pocket, took a deep breath, and thought, why not give in to Kai's antics of the moment.

Their cab arrived, they got in and made love all the way back to his apartment. And went on to have sex in his bed.

Kai was so drunk, he passed out after coming too soon, not caring that Jennie was yet to reach orgasm.

She huffed, got up from the sheets, and took a shower, making sure to get herself off on her own.

It was 3 am when she texted Jisoo.

"Tattoo?" she asked Jisoo.

"You know my luck, Jennie. She has a butterfly on the back of her neck."

"Hard luck"

"She's cute though, she took a pen and drew one on the back of my neck before falling asleep"

"Sweet. Seems to be starkly different from her friend."

"Jennie! Don't be unfair. You don't even know them. Anyway, I'm on my way home now. You?"

"I'm at Kai's. I'll leave in the morning."

"You'll get late for English"

"Eh, good riddance then." Jennie smiled. She never really enjoyed the class much anyway.

It was 8.30 am and Jennie was rushing through the corridors. She was late. But Irene reminded her this morning, that today they'd get to make pairs for the term assignment. And those who weren't present would be paired with someone of the professor's choice. She did not want to get paired with anyone other than Irene, Jisoo, and a few handfuls of other students she knew she could interact well with. And so she's trying to make it to class, no matter how late it is.

When she turned up at the door, however,

"Class is dismissed, I suggest you discuss with your partners today your points of action on how you'll want to go about with this assignment"

The students began to walk out, and Jennie walked in, eyeing her friends at the back of the classroom packing up their stuff and waving to her.

"Ms. Kim, how kind of you to join us at this moment." the professor spoke.

"I'm sorry, I slept in," Jennie said, trying to feign regret.

"Next time, don't party that hard on a school day"

She wanted to ask the professor how she knew but decided she should get right to the point.

"Ummm, about the project pairings..."

"Ah yes. You're late. So maybe I can pair you with the other student who was absent today...let me see who it was..." the professor said, putting on her glasses, and looking through the roll call on the sheet before her.

Jennie took the moment to signal to her friends, "Wait outside for me" she mouthed to Jisoo and Irene.

"What?" Irene asked, not catching Jennie's lip movement of words.

"I said, wait outside for me." Jennie tried again, using signs of her hand to tell them.

"Who did you get?" Jisoo signaled towards the sheet the professor was looking through.

"I don't know... she's checking..." Jennie mouthed and signaled and made an annoyed face.

"Ms. Roseanne Park." the professor said interrupting Jennie's miming dialogue with her friends at the end of the classroom.