Twelve Years Later

Hinoka's Pov

I was training in the backyard when I heard my father yelling.
"Another argument?" I thought "great, just what I need." I sighed, "guess I'll go check it out" I muttered under my breath and walked to the kitchen where the fight was taking place.

As I walked inside my eyes widened in shock. My father had cornered my mom with a knife that he was heating up with his quirk and pressing the hot blade against her bare arms.
"DAD! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" I yelled at him.
"Hm?" "Oh! Hinoka, I'm just teaching your mother a lesson." He answered.
"A lesson? THAT'S FUCKING TORTURE!" I yelled back at him.
"DON'T YELL AT ME CHILD, I AM YOUR FATHER!" He shouted back.
"Oh really? Because the last time I checked I wasn't related to a dickhead." I stated bluntly.
"Hey mom?" 
"Hm?"
"Can you go wait in the front garden please?" I asked her
" Um...okay?" She said and left.
"Why did you make her leave?" Said my bitch of a father.
" To keep her away from you. You monster." I explained glaring at him.
"Whatever." He said Turing away from my gaze.

"Now that she's out of the way, I can show you the pain you caused both me and mom" I said with a cold tone.
"And how do you intend to do that Hinoka? I'm stronger than you."
He said smiling.
"Oh I'm sorry! But I think I might have missed the meeting about orange fire being stronger than white." I said in a playfully sarcastic tone,
"What?" "You can't use your quirk on me." Takumi said with a hint of nervousness in his voice.
"Watch me." I said, my energy going straight to the flame in my palm. His eyes widened as he saw the fire.
" You're just bluffing, you won't use your quirk against me, you couldn't do it. Your mind and heart are too innocent." He said, his nerves starting to show more clearly as his voice started to shake.
"Whoever said I was innocent?" I said tilting my head to the side.
"That's how you've always been, you could never harm a human even if you wanted to." He said.
I said nothing and sent sparks in his direction. As soon as he realised that I was being serious he reached for his phone and called the police and the fire department and told them that if they didn't get there as soon as possible he would be dead when they got there.

Throughout this whole conversation I was throwing fire at him. Even though he was dodging all of my attacks I could clearly see that he was starting to get tireder and tireder by the minute.

Eventually, I grabbed ahold of his wrist, burning him. Then I moved my other hand to cover his mouth and nose so that the grey-blue smoke extracting from my hand went straight to his lungs. The window was open, so outside my mom could see the smoke coming out of the house so she came in to see what was going on.

"Hinoka what are you doing?" She asked.
"Nothing too extreme much." I answered. "Really?" Mom said glancing at my father who was passed out on the ground and then back at me.
"Too much?" I asked. Mom looked at him closer, squinting a little as she bent down to look at him. "Nah" she said getting back up.

"I'll cover you in a layer of frost so you don't hurt yourself too much." she turned to me and coated me in a thin layer of frost.
"THAT'S SO COLD!" I shrieked, shivering a little.
"Of course it is dumbass it's ice!" Mom laughed flicking my forehead.
"Now hurry up and get the flammable's. Your dad called the cops didn't he? So hurry up they could get here any minute now." She said going into her room and getting all the money she could find and putting it in her pockets. Then going downstairs and doing the same thing.

Meanwhile, as she did this I was emptying all of the flammable liquids that I could find all around the house. When I was done I told my mom and she went out into the front yard to wait for me. After she left I placed my hands on the chemical- covered floor and set it alight.

After I'd finished burning everything I went back to the kitchen and crouched down and looked at my father.

He was half awake now so he could just hear me. I  leant closer to him so that I was speaking into his ear,
"Just wanted to let you know that the next time we meet I will kill you." I said to him. Absolutely certain that he could hear me over the roaring of the flames, even though he was pretending not to.

Then I went out to mom.
"The cops are here." She said as we both heard sirens and saw blue and red lights in the distance.
"Let's go, it's almost 10, we need to find a place to stay for the night." Mom said. "Here," she added handing me my hoodie as she melted the frost on my body so I could warm up.
"I managed to get a total of ¥56,000. We can't risk using my credit card because it can be tracked and the police could find us more quickly." Mom explained. "You can turn into the star wolf form, it'll be easier to travel through the sky now that it's night." She added , turning into an owl after she finished speaking.

So we did, we travelled over the stars in the sky, leaving our old lives behind in a sea of white, ghostly flames. Along with the man who had made our lives miserable. Escaping the cruel hands of
Takumi Suzuko.