"24/7 surveillance, remember?" he reminds me "Don't worry, you can have your privacy for the talk, but I can't let you go alone."

"Fine." I respond already done with this surveillance crap. "Let's go, then."

I walk to the car parked next to the house.

"Where do you think you're going, darling?" He asks not having moved from where he was standing. He had an amused smile on his face.

"The car." I state obviously "How else are we supposed to get there?"

"Not in those wheels. Today we ride in style." He says showing me the keys in his hand. Keys I recognize the model to extremely well.

I smile at him in excitement.

I yell in joy as I hold on tight to Julius as he drives through the cars on the road in high speed. I feel his chuckle with my hands, rather than hear it. The wind too loud on my ears. I always loved riding on my bike back home. There is nothing quite like it.

Unfortunately, Marianne's house is not that far from where we were staying and the ride ended faster than I wanted

"So this is where she lives?" I ask Julius as I get out of the bike and check out the house. It was a traditional ranch-style house, with large windows in the front, a low-pitched roof, and what I guess might be a devoted patio space in the back. It was a lovely home.

"Yes. She and her three-year-old son Caleb are the only residents." he says getting out of the bike. He places his helmet on his seat as he leans on the bike. He watched me attentively. "They moved in four years ago. A wedding gift, if I'm not mistaken."

"It's a big house." I comment quietly. My brother had lived here. He was going to raise his family in this house. It's amazing how close I feel to my brother and yet so far at the same time.

"Lots of space to grow a family." Julius replies softly

"Yeah...didn't quite worked out the way they wanted it to."

"Life rarely does."

I turn to look at him.

"I want to talk to her alone." I tell him serious. I don't want to have that talk with him eavesdropping.

"I can't have you out of my sight Hayls. King's rules." he explains.

"I'll literally just be in the house." I argue back

"Lots of exits and entrances, not to mention possible ways to communicate outside the pack." he states back

"You can't possibly think that I'm going to run now, do you? And to my father no less?" I argue not believing he actually thought that.

"It doesn't matter what I believe in." he argues stepping forward in my direction "But this isn't just about the safety of the pack. This is about your safety!"