Wang Yibo breathed out the air he didn't know he had been holding in. "Hmm! That means God has kept you for me." He said with another wide grin.

"You have come again; you were always a joker but when one looks at you they wouldn't know you're the one saying it. Please, don't tease me like that." Xiao Zhan shook his head with his beautiful smile still on his lips.

"I'm serious," Wang Yibo insisted, his face also serious, letting the latter know he meant what he said.

"Did I argue that with you?" Xiao Zhan said. Brushing aside his comments, he plodded on, "By the way, what brings you home after all these years?" He asked and then remembered, "he's here for his grandmother's burial, Xiao Zhan why are you this dumb!" Reprimanded himself.

"A few mixed fortunes, I must say. After school then, as you know my father took me back to the city and from there, I left for Switzerland and there, I completed my university education and started my own business there. I have lived there since. I came mainly because my aged mother died and we're home to bury her as she requested. I'm also here for work I'm handling in the city." He explained.

"Oh! I'm sorry for your loss. May God comfort you in your grief. I could remember how close both of you were. It must be quite a loss for you. My condolences." Xiao Zhan condoled with him.

"Amen. Thank you. So, where are you heading to?" Wang Yibo asked.

"I'm headed home on my way from work. It's been quite a hectic day." Xiao Zhan said.

"Can I give you a lift? Don't say no please, I want to send you home." Wang Yibo pleaded, and Xiao who can't say no to such a face he used to plead with him succumbed and courteously accepted. 

Wang Yibo opened for him to enter and was happy when he started driving Xiao Zhan home. On getting there, he spent time chatting with his family and Mrs. Xiao seems to like him better than Hoa Xuan.

She secretly pulled Xiao Zhan and led him to his room and asked, "How do you say you met this hot man?"

"Mother!" Xiao Zhan smiled shyly. "Have you forgotten the son of who he is? He's the son of Mr. Wang Chung, the one we all know in this village."

Mrs. Xiao's eyes expanded, "Really? You mean, that boy was the son of Mr. Wang Chung and you couldn't tell me so I can get him a better something to eat! So tell me, did he say he likes you? I mean, is he still single?" She asked, curiously.

"Mother! Why are you asking me that? Why not go and ask him and find out for yourself? Well, I don't think he's married and I don't know if he likes me either. Why are we even discussing this? There is still Hoa Xuan, have you forgotten?" 

"But Hoa Xuan is not serious. I need my grandchildren and I'm not seeing them coming if we continue waiting for Hoa Xuan." Mrs. Xiao finally opted for her thoughts.

"Thank God you know, at least you'll stop asking me to go and get him." Xiao Zhan thought. "Mother, let's discuss this later, as for now, we have a visitor and I need to attend to him." Xiao Zhan said and was smiling while leaving his mother who was pondering on their discussion. "I hope he's single." Xiao Zhan thought and went back inside and Wang Yibo was already done talking to his father and wanted to leave.

Xiao Zhan escorted him to where he parked his car and stood to bid him goodbye. "I promise to visit often. Can I ask you something?" Xiao Zhan nodded and Wang Yibo held his hand and said, "I want you to come and stay with me during my grandmother's burial, can you do that for me?" He asked, his eyes pleading.

"I will, you don't even need to ask. I'm your friend, aren't I?" Xiao Zhan smiled and they both unconsciously stared at each other and were smiling while doing so. But to Wang Yibo, he doesn't know why that friend he regarded him with did not feel so good to his hearing.