~: Chapter Twenty-Four :~

Start from the beginning

-Time Skip: Two months later-

We were currently at war with Todoroki's oldest sibling, his own kingdom not supporting him as he ran with bandits. I was placed in charge of guarding the castle and our egg as Kat went out and led troops and small groups of trackers. Today was when he would be arriving home again, resting a bit after getting a slight burn from what I heard.

Denki was back up and moving, having spent almost a month in what the physician called a coma. Apparently he had used too much energy helping get our kid and the other dragons out of that place. When Shinsou found out he cursed Kat out for a while, yelling about how we shouldn't have pushed him like that. I'd never seen him that angry before, but it was my idea to free the little dragons.

As promised we had sent replacement supplies and wagons to get the little dragons from the Kaminari's, all of them making it safely in the early winter season. Denki's mother had visited him the day he woke up and the happy tears that she cried had everyone relieved. I had been working with my mother-in-law to find homes for all of the kids, some even ending up with Tamaki and his mate.

Kota had been taken in by Kat and I, no one else willing to take him due to his temper. He was a great kid, learning to read and write while making a few friends. He was already able to find his ability as a dragon, healing others with water and moving it around. When it came to flying he understood that I couldn't teach him so he met with Tamaki in order to learn that part.

"Kirishima! The egg, come quick!" Mina shouted, running down the hall from Kat and I's office.

I ran after her, fear and adrenaline coursing through me. I had left our egg securely locked in our room, sitting in a nest that we had made only a few days ago. Iida sat in there with it, that way no one could sneak in and take it. Even then someone close was always supposed to peak in to check on things.

As I reached the door I nearly yanked it down trying to open it, going in quickly despite the loud groan and thud of one corner of the door hitting the ground. I looked around and everything was right where I had left it, though Iida and Mina were peeking into the nest. I made my way over, still scared of what might have happened until I heard it. The soft cracking and chirps.

"Kiri, look, there's a small chip missing already." Mina said as I knelt down next to the nest.

The egg was wiggling slightly, small cracks getting larger until a chunk of the shell fell off. Under the shell was a little baby with black hair, save for the small section of ash blonde in the front. Their skin was a beautiful gentle tan with no flaws. There was a small sprinkling of freckles across their nose as they wiggle around more.

"Should we help, I don't know if they can do it on their own." Mina said, snapping me from my staring.

I heard another frantic sounding chirp from the small child in front of me, drawing a chirp from me as well. At the sound the tiny dragon in front of me wiggled more as the shell continued to fall from around it. I reached forwards to peel off what I could to help them out a bit, picking them out of the bottom of the shell gently.

"Aw, Kiri. Looks like you've got a baby girl there. What are you going to name her?" Mina asked, Iida also leaning to look at her.

"Emica, it'd be perfect for her." I answered, rocking her gently as she cooed softly before clutching my loose shirt.

I spent the next few hours just cleaning her up and getting her dressed. The maids that had been cleared from the last incident came in and cleaned up the shell and nest a bit, under very close supervision. Once they had finished I remade the nest one-handed, which wasn't easy, and laid down with Emica to keep her warm.

"Oi! I get home and don't see my husband there to greet me, only to find him up here relaxing. The fuck Kiri?" Kat said, making me jump slightly and shush him.

I had just gotten her to sleep, I didn't want his yelling to wake her. He looked kinda offended at me shushing him and even more confused than when he walked in. I quietly motioned for him to come closer and he did warily, though without a word of protest. When he was just inside the nest he looked around for a moment, panic taking its place on his face.

"Where's the egg? Kiri, where are they? They'll be hatching anytime now. We can't risk someone else having them." he said frantically.

"Kat calm down and lower your voice, she's just fine." I said.

"Calm down? How can I be calm when- Did you say she?" he asked, looking me in the eye.

"Yes, now, can you calm down a bit. I just got her to sleep." I stated, nearly laughing when he covered his mouth entirely.

I gently pulled the blanket over Emica down so he could see her, watching him tear up at the sight of her. He still hadn't moved his hands from his mouth so after putting the blanket down I moved them for him. He ran a finger along her cheek, tears running down his own cheeks.

"She's so beautiful, and I missed her hatching." he said sadly.

"Kat, I think she'll forgive you. After all, you're back safe for her." I stated, trying to cheer him up.

We both got silent when she started to fuss next to me, huffing a bit before she began to cry. She waved her tiny fists around as she cried, making Kat chuckle a bit and pick her up. As soon as she was in his arms and he was rocking her against his chest she started to calm down again. I couldn't help but to watch with a smile as she clung to his weak excuse of a shirt.

"She's so tiny and beautiful." he stated in a hushed voice, making my heart melt.

"That is what her name means, beautiful. Little Emica Haru Bakugou." I said, seeing him smile with tears still going down his cheeks.

"It's a very fitting name. Though she's gonna need to get bigger if she wants to be tough like us." he said, trying to hide how proud he was of her.

"Katsuki, just enjoy your time with her. Eventually she'll have to get married, y'know." I said, seeing both offense and anger cross his face.

"No, she's my little girl. She's not allowed to get married." he said, holding her away from me.

"Ok honey bear, let's get some rest so your injury will get better." I said with my arms open.

He seemed to think it over for a moment before turning with his back to me and fell back into my arms, still holding little 'Mica in his arms. I pulled them both closer, humming softly until I could hear two sets of soft snores. I guess she takes after him in that sense, both adorable when they sleep with a slight snore that makes them absolutely perfect. My little family, my home, and my safety for life.